Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
lucywestie

Major leak in our 2009 Keystone Residence. Ideas?

Brand spanking new member here and very new to the trailer lifestyle [3 months].

So we bought a 2009 Keystone Residence [401f model, single bedroom I believe is the number] back in July. Bought an extended warranty on the off chance something might happen. We had the trailer installed on a permanent basis in a park and it was all levelled away etc.

So this weekend we came up to the park, turned on the water supply from the main park supply. Approximately 20-30 minutes later water starting coming out of the underbelly, to be more accurate, it came out from any where a hose, tube or cable was going up into the underbelly.

I immediately turned the water supply off and crawled underneath to take a look but to be honest, all I saw was water pouring out. Now the water that was coming out above the grey/black water outlet pipes let up first of all and on the following morning it was still dripping from below the kitchen side of the trailer.

I called the dealership I bought the trailer from but the first thing out of their mouths was "thats a water pressure problem and not covered by the warranty". When I spoke to the chap that runs the park he just laughed and said they pretty much will always say something like that to get out of any costs/billing issues. So anyway, we had a guy in the park who winterises trailers but hes also an RV/trailer "fix-it" guy and said that its serious but fixable.

But Im just wondering what people on this forum think and/or can offer any suggestions as to what I can "look forward to" !! Im hoping they can get it sorted out prior to the end of the season and I must admit, the repair guy gave me a much better feeling than my dealership.

I meant to add that this isnt the first time we have used the trailer. We have a leach pit for the grey water and the black is connected to an external tank that gets pumped out. The water coming out looked clean and fresh as well with no noticeable discolouration or smell.

Such a question for a first timer!
lucywestie is offline   Reply With Quote