Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
abpelch

2012 Cougar Xlite water pump failed

So nothing like driving 3.5 hours to Zion national park, get all set up and discover the Shur-flo water pump on my 2012 Cougar Xlite 28RBS became a No-flo. Finding the pump was fun, turns out it's not sealed in the underbelly, but right next to our bed, inside a carpet-clad plywood cover that's completely screwed down. Had to drive 1 hour each way to Camping World in St. George for a replacement, then find out Shur-Flo only warranties pumps installed as OEM for 1 year but their retail pumps for 2 years. Of course, I bought our trailer 15 months ago. Needless to say I got the 3 year extended warranty this time. Anyone else have their pump fail so soon? We never run it without water. Maybe time to install an accumulator tank to prevent frequent cycling & extend the life of the new pump?
Old 08-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #2
bg71361

Sounds like you just got a bad pump, personally I would not waste time on the accumulator, but that is up to you. I have had pumps left on for several hours with no water and still operated fine when the water was replenished, (kids like buttons)
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
PdxGreg

How did you get to the pump

I am also having a problem with my pump. It randomly runs continually. Luckily, I am at home and want to replace it with a new/upgraded one. I can not figure out how to get into the wood box next to the bed where the pump seems to be located.
PdxGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

abpelch was last on the forum in November 2013. You may get better results by starting your own thread and asking your questions. Your question to him will likely not be seen in a timely manner.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:28 AM   #5
Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdxGreg View Post
I am also having a problem with my pump. It randomly runs continually. Luckily, I am at home and want to replace it with a new/upgraded one. I can not figure out how to get into the wood box next to the bed where the pump seems to be located.
Hi PdxGreg,

If your RV is like mine, the pump is located beside the bed (on the road side) in the carpet covered box. Probe around in the carpet on the top cover and you should find 2 screws. One on each side of the top 1/2 way from ends.

Good luck,
Lee
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
Katt

My pump is on the left side facing the front and it did not have any screws holding the carpeted lid in place. I just pull the carpet that's on top towards the back of the camper and it kind of hinges out.
Prodigy 3 Brake Controller
Firestone Air Ride and Compressor
Katt is offline   Reply With Quote