Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #21
Bluewater

Maybe only the hi end units come with a filter preinstalled.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #22
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater View Post
Maybe only the hi end units come with a filter preinstalled.
I can testify that my Passport 2890RL did not come with a filter installed or otherwise. Nor has any been installed, I did try a couple of the in line filters but soon drew the conclusion that allowing a wet filter to sit for a month between uses was at best a stupid idea. I threw them away and quit worrying about it. Afterall I grew up drinking from a shallow well, cisterns, and garden hoses. I doubt I'll die from drinking water from a campground faucet.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Afterall I grew up drinking from a shallow well, cisterns, and garden hoses. I doubt I'll die from drinking water from a campground faucet.
hehe Me too, just don't go to Old Mexico and drink the campground water without adding a good sized dose of "to kill ya" to the glass ARRRRRIBAAAA

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #24
nickyy99

For kitchen uses a water filtration system that mounts on faucet, such as Pur or Brita, have so many problems to install
WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION
nickyy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #25
monica4patience

We just traded our 2010 Outback 310BHS for a 2014 Passport 3290BH. On the old trailer we used a line filter on the CG hose; plus used a Brita filter pitcher. The pitcher made drinkable water but took up lots of room on the counter. We asked Camping World about options. They steered us away from the filter system with the faucet (we had used this in two of our stick & brick homes). Said that most people were dissatisfied because the water just trickled out due to low water pressure. His recommendation was for an under-the-sink filter. This filters all the water coming to the kitchen sink. It works great so far.. for the few days we've been able be at the trailer.

2014 Keystone Passport 3290 BH (6/14 - present)
2010 Keystone Outback Sydney 310 BHS (7/12 - 6/14)

TV: none; seasonal w/ on-site winter storage
monica4patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:27 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica4patience View Post
We just traded our 2010 Outback 310BHS for a 2014 Passport 3290BH. On the old trailer we used a line filter on the CG hose; plus used a Brita filter pitcher. The pitcher made drinkable water but took up lots of room on the counter. We asked Camping World about options. They steered us away from the filter system with the faucet (we had used this in two of our stick & brick homes). Said that most people were dissatisfied because the water just trickled out due to low water pressure. His recommendation was for an under-the-sink filter. This filters all the water coming to the kitchen sink. It works great so far.. for the few days we've been able be at the trailer.
The Everpure filter system in our Airstream was like that. It filtered all the water to the "COLD TAP" on the kitchen sink. It did not filter any of the hot water. You might want to verify your application, to filter both hot and cold water would require two separate filters. I'd think your system only filters the cold water to the kitchen faucet.

One suggestion, if you haven't already done it, is to always carry a spare filter. When you get into a place with a lot of sediment in the water, you can plug the filter very quickly. Having a spare filter available can be the difference in washing dishes in water so hot you can't put your hands in or carrying cold water from the bathroom to the kitchen sink.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:49 AM   #27
monica4patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The Everpure filter system in our Airstream was like that. It filtered all the water to the "COLD TAP" on the kitchen sink. It did not filter any of the hot water. You might want to verify your application, to filter both hot and cold water would require two separate filters. I'd think your system only filters the cold water to the kitchen faucet.

One suggestion, if you haven't already done it, is to always carry a spare filter. When you get into a place with a lot of sediment in the water, you can plug the filter very quickly. Having a spare filter available can be the difference in washing dishes in water so hot you can't put your hands in or carrying cold water from the bathroom to the kitchen sink.
Will check the connection on the next trip out.

Thanks for the suggestion. Wish we'd had an extra filter on-hand last summer. Really needed it for the last weekend out. Boy did that water smell!

2014 Keystone Passport 3290 BH (6/14 - present)
2010 Keystone Outback Sydney 310 BHS (7/12 - 6/14)

TV: none; seasonal w/ on-site winter storage
monica4patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #28
trackstand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla-gypsy View Post
Does the RV not currently have a water filter? Most come with a filter in place already.
Some have it as an option, 90% of RVs have no filter from the factory.

2013 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 CC LB Hemi

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
trackstand is offline   Reply With Quote