Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #1
Sam8923

2014 390 chrome querstions?

Hi all. I bought a 390 chrome took delivery week after thanksgiving. Our first trip was to disney for 3 nights when we noticed a hydro leak from one of the stabilizers. Dealer had trailer for about a 1.5 weeks. We just got back from another trip and have a huge list. Is this normal or am I just being to picky on some things? We have spent a total of 5 nights in the trailer. With the money we pay for these things I would expect a lot better quality. We love the trailer other wise. Thanks for all advice.

Trailer repairs

Microwave randomly turns on for 3 minutes( dealer ordered new one)

Door from living area to garage opens during transport. Screw that was adjusted for door latch scratched door. (Dealer tried to adjust once already)

Window seal in garage hanging

Onboard vac no suction

Shower leaks into storage area under shower. 2 locations the drain and the hot cold input lines.

Handles for shower door. Don't know why they were removed when trailer was brought in first time.

Fresh tank fill cap tether by rear side door broken. Cap was in box of manuals I was given on delivery.

Underbelly cover was cut and taped back to repair hydro leak. Tape is pealing and oily water leaking from it.

There is a waste tank valve leak. Whenever I open cap to dump tank there is some dirty water pouring out.

Main slide leaves grease marks on floor in front of kitchen sink and under main ac control.

White plastic bushings on all interior door hinges pealing out

Water leak into trailer in front of nightstand between bed and closet carpet wet and starting to smell.

See daylight in bottom of cabinet in master bedroom under TV
Sam8923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Sam8923,

to the forum and sorry to hear about your problems. Almost all of those things should have been caught by the dealer during his PDI before your initial delivery. You didn't say how long you've had your Chrome, but if it is still in warranty, I'd get with the service manager and/or the dealership manager and discuss the issues "calmly and objectively". Be diplomatic, but establish the fact that you're expecting them to step up to the plate and get your RV fixed the next time it's in for repairs.

A couple of comments:

1: Many people have problems with doors opening in transit, RV's flex (to keep from breaking apart) and there are a number of reports of even the main entry door opening while towing. Most of us who have that kind of problem devise a method to secure the door during travel with a bungee, a piece of foam or some other way to stop it from swinging open causing damage.

2. There should be NO grease or lubricant on the slide. You might want to open it, get underneath and clean any grease you see off the slide mechanism. The black marks may be made by the guides as they move across the floor. There are silicone floor protectors that you can lay down to protect the floor. Make sure this problem gets addressed during the first 90 days because Keystone doesn't approve slide adjustment/alignment after 90 days.

3. The slide in your bedroom is essentially a box and the wardrobe/cabinet should simply be installed inside that box. There should be no light anywhere around the cabinet. Go outside, see if you can find any damage to the actual slide. Don't let the dealer simply "slap some caulk" on that kind of problem !!!!!

4. I'm moving your thread to the RV Service and Warranty section as it fits better there than in the Toyhauler section.

5. Please check the red "disclaimer" at the bottom of every forum page. This forum has no connection to Keystone RV company and to my knowledge, they don't monitor this site or have anyone who is a member. Don't expect any "company involvement" from your posts here. You still need to contact your dealer/Keystone with all your problems.

Again, Welcome to the forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote