Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > New Keystone Classifieds | For Sale and Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2021, 06:46 AM   #1
kraftee

2018 Keystone Outback 324CG Toy Hauler

This might just be the perfect toy hauler for dirt bikes. Most pull behind toy haulers have a large garage the better to tow Harleys and big side by sides but have disappointing accommodations. This rig will definitely make mama happy. It has a nice sized ,air conditioned with two fold down bunks front garage that easily accommodates three dirt bikes But it also has a door separating the garage from the massive living area with two slide outs. The front slide gives you a giant main living area with big dinette, comfortable sofa that folds out to a memory foam mattress double berth, BIG screen TV, electric fireplace, large galley, and spacious head with separate shower. Another slide in the rear means the master bedroom has a king bed, plenty of floor and storage space, and its own air conditioner!

This rig was bought new in June of 2018 and has always been kept under cover. It has about 5,000 miles total and is absolutely perfect in every way. NEVER any leaks or issues, the front garage has two Lock N Load bike shoes plus another wheel chock to make carrying three bikes simple. 1,000 pound capacity and E track throughout the garage with lots of tie down points. Everything is properly through bolted and backed. Unloading on the side means that you don t need anywhere near as much space at a crowded track to load and unload bikes.

This 324CG has ALL the options, including the rare second rooftop air conditioner in the master bedroom, 50 amp power input with two power cords, BAL 7.2 completely automatic 7 point leveling system that works flawlessly, power awning with LED lights, indoor/outdoor sound system, fold down outdoor kitchen with sink and 2 burner propane stove, rear camera with wireless controller/screen for your tow vehicle, rear folding rack that holds the included super quiet 3500 watt Predator inverter generator with extended run fuel tank and fuel pump , and a grill or whatever else you want to strap down on it. It also includes a whole bunch of expensive adds, like the bike shoes in the garage, every lock on the entire rig re keyed to one master key instead of 5 different keys that it came with. It also comes with an upgraded Progressive Dynamics 45 amp converter/charger and the all important Progressive Industries 50 amp Electrical Management System EMS hard wired into the unit.

I will also include the fantastic Andersen WD hitch system. This system uses chains instead of bars, so no more creaking, greasy, hard to stow WD disconnect when you park the rig. Weighing in at only 8,080 pounds empty, the 324CG tows beautifully with a 3/4 ton truck/SUV, but can also be towed with a half ton plus truck like the Nissan Titan XD.

View this ad at Keystone Classifieds - 2018 Keystone Outback 324CG Toy Hauler

kraftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #2
travelin texans

"Weighing in at only 8,100 pounds, the 324CG tows beautifully with a 3/4 ton truck/SUV, but can also be towed with a half ton plus truck like the Nissan Titan XD"

Not trying to hinder your sale but for those interested!
Actually that TH has a GVWR of 10500 lbs & right at 37' long with a tongue weight in excess of 1200 lbs it's well beyond the limits of a SUV or a 1/2 ton pickup of any brand, at minimum a 3/4 ton is needed.
Also some pictures would be helpful.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:44 AM   #3
kraftee

Well gosh, aren't you the helpful guy? Of course, you're wrong. The actual weight of the unit on the yellow tag is 8,080 pounds. You can probably get it up over 10,000 pounds with three dirt bikes, full water tank, and the usual stuff we all put aboard our campers. With ours fully loaded and two dirt bikes in the garage (plus all the riding gear, gas, etc.), mine weighs 9,580 on the local CAT scale.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:44 AM   #4
kraftee

With 1,160 pounds of tongue weight it is well within the capabilities of a full-size, 3/4-ton SUV. It is also within the capabilities of the Titan XD that I towed it with for the first two years. Although the total loaded weight with truck and trailer of 17,440 pounds was still significantly under the rated 19,450 pound GCWR of the XD, we were approaching the rear axle limit with the tongue weight, so were careful about not putting gear into the truck bed.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:45 AM   #5
kraftee

Pics are uploading, but the site (and my internet connex) are very slow. So "thanks" for your help.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:48 AM   #6
LewisB

Looks like a nice trailer - good luck with the sale - hope it goes well!

Recommend you drop the last paragraph of the OP and focus on the strengths and benefits of the trailer and avoid recommendations on tow vehicles. Using the tow vehicle's GCVWR as the bar for success/failure is a sales pitch that is common at a dealership, is completely incorrect, and should be challenged in the forum.

It's a nice trailer - go with that and it will sell itself!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #7
kraftee

Thank you, but why should it "be challenged in the forum"? Fact is, most of the mileage on my rig was being towed TOTALLY LEGALLY with a Nissan Titan XD. I spent the time at the scales to make sure I was within all the weight limits of the truck and axles in order to do so - with trailer loaded and full fuel and passengers in the truck. The reason I bought this particular unit in the first place was because I could tow it safely and legally with my XD. The only problems I encountered were traction-related when off-road at muddy motorcycle parks. So when I traded vehicles I went for the big Ford with four-wheel drive. The numbers I quoted above are all correct and I have the CAT scales slips to prove it. This rig CAN be towed safely with a (technically) half-ton XD. Further there was another member on this forum towing the same rig with a Titan XD and there is a blogging couple on-line who used their 324CG as a full-time liveaboard with two kids and they were, again, towing safely and legally with a 3/4-ton Suburban. Not sure why this is some kind of "sales pitch" as it is all 100% correct.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:59 AM   #8
LewisB

Ok, didn't mean to be contentious (or highjack the thread). Thus my recommendation to focus on the benefits of the trailer.

Beyond the scope of this thread: I can't speak to the "safety/legality" of your rig without seeing the full data and your analysis. The thing that immediately jumps off the page is that with 1100# tongue weight, (4 X 150# = 600#) passengers, an ice chest, a tool box, the BBQ grill, etc. you have likely overloaded the typical 1500 to 1800# payload capacity of a Suburban, almost all 1/2 ton and many 3/4 ton pickups. Sweeping generalizations? Yes. Exceptions around? Yes.

However, I think it can also be said that MOST 1/2 ton pickups and MOST SUV's could NOT safely tow a 37' long 10,500# GVWR trailer. So are you comfortable advertising it that way? Thus my recommendation to focus on the benefits of the trailer.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #9
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftee View Post
Well gosh, aren't you the helpful guy? Of course, you're wrong. The actual weight of the unit on the yellow tag is 8,080 pounds. You can probably get it up over 10,000 pounds with three dirt bikes, full water tank, and the usual stuff we all put aboard our campers. With ours fully loaded and two dirt bikes in the garage (plus all the riding gear, gas, etc.), mine weighs 9,580 on the local CAT scale.
Yes! I hope that I'm helpful to anyone considering a rv of this weight & length! A 3/4 ton truck is minimum requirement.
That yellow tag you've mentioned was probably found in a cabinet or somewhere inside that TH which is the "dry weight" as it rolled out of the factory door, you nor anyone else will ever tow it at that weight once the dealer added battery/ies, propane or liquids to the tanks.
I totally agree that you should delete that last paragraph of you're sales pitch as it's NOT within the limits of a 1/2 ton truck. Any rv of this length & weight should not be advertised as "1/2 ton towable".
Yes you successfully uneventfully towed it with one, but was most likely over the payload of the Nissan.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:15 PM   #10
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Yes! I hope that I'm helpful to anyone considering a rv of this weight & length! A 3/4 ton truck is minimum requirement.
That yellow tag you've mentioned was probably found in a cabinet or somewhere inside that TH which is the "dry weight" as it rolled out of the factory door, you nor anyone else will ever tow it at that weight once the dealer added battery/ies, propane or liquids to the tanks.
I totally agree that you should delete that last paragraph of you're sales pitch as it's NOT within the limits of a 1/2 ton truck. Any rv of this length & weight should not be advertised as "1/2 ton towable".
Yes you successfully uneventfully towed it with one, but was most likely over the payload of the Nissan.
I am sure the seller appreciates your help selling this trailer. On most forums with classifieds, it isn't usual for folks to comment on those classifieds. I hope the OP has good luck selling his camper! It looks pretty sweet to me! I couldn't use that TH as my trike would require an 11' garage and most of the rear garage units are either into a pretty empty cabin (like my last TH) or just too long for my parking space.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:23 PM   #11
notanlines

C'mon, Eric,you've been around for three years and you know that towing a 37' toy hauler with a Nissan is not going to fly with the eagles. You're entering into 'bare minimum' territory and when trying to sell it would be better not to push your recommended tow vehicle. Generally your new RV is in the 40-42K range and yours is now 4 years old so at 30K it has to be pristine and then some. Good luck to you and don't be a stranger.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote