Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2023, 08:21 AM   #1
rjniles

Florida State Parks reservation change

Florida State parks reservation systems allowed reservation 11 months in advance. Even with that 11 month window it was difficult to get a reservation in the winter. Tis morning I received a letter saying the 11 month window is for Florida residents but out of staters can only reserve 10 months in advance. This will effectively exclude non residents from a winter reservation. Here is the letter:

We are excited to share a new benefit for Florida residents about making reservations for overnight accommodations at Florida State Parks.

Effective Jan. 1, 2024, at noon Eastern time, only Florida residents may make reservations for cabins and RV, tent, boat and equestrian campsites 11 months in advance. Non-Florida residents will be able to make reservations 10 months in advance.

To take advantage of this new benefit, Florida residents will need to provide a valid Florida driver’s license or ID card number at the time of booking. Starting today, Florida residents may update their profile associated with the Florida State Parks Reservation System to add their valid Florida driver’s license or ID card number. This information, which will be validated with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, will need to be verified annually.

Before making a reservation 11 months in advance, Florida residents be asked to attest to the following statement:

I understand and attest that this camping reservation is being made under the Florida Residents Preference provisions outlined in s. 258.014(2), Florida Statutes. I am a Florida resident, and I agree to provide my Florida driver’s license number or Florida identification card number issued under s. 322.051, Florida Statutes, as proof of Florida residency while making this reservation and upon arrival in the state park during check-in. I also acknowledge that this reservation is not transferable. Any attempt to use this reservation by anyone other than this account holder will result in cancellation, forfeiture of all fees associated with this reservation, and assessment of the cancellation fee pursuant to the Florida State Parks Fee Schedule. Furthermore, any attempt to circumvent the spirit and intent of Florida Residents Preference by this account holder, including the sale or transfer of overnight park reservations, may result in suspension of the account holder’s ability to make future reservations.

We are excited to welcome you to our beautiful state parks.
Old 12-10-2023, 06:41 PM   #2
Bill-2020

That will hardly put a dent in the ability for FL residents to get a spot during the snowbird season here (fall/winter/spring). Glad to see they are trying to do something, but we typically have to go further north to find anything. I am on the eastern coast at the cape, so northern FL/panhandle/S. GA isn't far, but we'd still like to visit our near-home state parks too.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:29 AM   #3
notanlines

I believe in the Marine Corps it was called RHIP, rank has its privileges. I'm quite certain other applications apply.
Over the years I have read on here where veterans and non-veterans alike whine because they can't camp at on-base RV facilities. If that were allowed then our retired and active duty servicepeople would have nowhere to camp.
I suspect the OP is correct in that it will make very little difference in the availability of Florida parks to residents.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote