Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2018, 10:40 PM   #1
FlyingAroundRV

Andersen Leveler

Hi all:
Has anybody bought these?
https://andersenhitches.com/Products...r-leveler.aspx
They look like a really easy way to level a trailer, but I wonder whether they're durable. I'm thinking of combining them with the X-Chock system for security. I know the Andersen levelers say they're chocks, but I don't think I'd completely trust them on their own.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
MarcS

Great product! Use them every time we need to level side to side. Very easy to use.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 02:45 AM   #3
slow

The Anderson levelers along with a LevelMatePro are the next best thing next to a self leveling system IMO. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ight=levelmate

As for their effectiveness as chocks, I use a set of rubber chocks on the opposite side and have no concerns or issues. Much faster than tightening a pair of x-chocks. The second post in the above thread has a picture of what the chocks on the far side of the levelers look like when set up.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:56 AM   #4
KHBama

I had a set with my old TT before I upgraded to a 5er.
They were great and easy to use. I’m curious though, I had a wide gap in between my tires that made the process simple. If the tires are closer together like my 5er I have now, it doesn’t look like there would be room for 2 if I had to lift one side of the trailer. I’m sure they work somehow but it just looks impossible with my naked eye
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:51 AM   #5
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHBama View Post
I had a set with my old TT before I upgraded to a 5er.
They were great and easy to use. I’m curious though, I had a wide gap in between my tires that made the process simple. If the tires are closer together like my 5er I have now, it doesn’t look like there would be room for 2 if I had to lift one side of the trailer. I’m sure they work somehow but it just looks impossible with my naked eye
I watched a video way back when I was getting ready to buy my Anderson Levelers and they talked about tandem wheel sets that are close. They stated that if necessary, you could cut off part of the leveler to make it easier to use. Obviously you can't cut it in half or anything like that, but most of the time it only needs to be an inch or two.

I've had my Anderson levelers almost since the beginning of me having our Toy Hauler. I also combined that with the LevelMate Pro and to me, it is absolutely something that I wouldn't do without when setting up.

And to all of you that are currently using and liking the LevelMate Pro, they will be introducing a new product this coming spring (hopefully). It is called the PowerMate Pro. This will be a Bluetooth based system (like the LevelMate) that will allow you to replace the rocker switches for something like.....slides, stabilizing jacks, electric beds, awning, and be able to control them from the app on your phone. An example might be for the slides on your trailer. With that system you would be able to deploy your slides from outside the trailer, while watching it come out.....making sure that it is not going to hit an object like a low hanging tree branch, a power pole, picnic table....whatever. In my case, I can't really see my awning as I deploy it, as the switch is in the trailer of course. With this system, you can stand outside, and watch it unroll until it is exactly where you want it. I'm in for at least three of them......one for each slide out (I have two), and one for the awning.

And just so you all know, I am NOT involved with their company in any way. I am a satisfied user though of the LevelMate Pro, and their new product looks to be a great idea.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:12 AM   #6
gkainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
Hi all:
Has anybody bought these?
https://andersenhitches.com/Products...r-leveler.aspx
They look like a really easy way to level a trailer, but I wonder whether they're durable. I'm thinking of combining them with the X-Chock system for security. I know the Andersen levelers say they're chocks, but I don't think I'd completely trust them on their own.
exactly what I use ... Andersen Levelers and X-Chocks. Love them.
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:51 AM   #7
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
The Anderson levelers along with a LevelMatePro are the next best thing to a self leveling system IMO. http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ight=levelmate

As for their effectiveness as chocks, I use a set of rubber chocks on the opposite side and have no concerns or issues. Much faster than tightening a pair of x-chocks. The second post in the above thread has a picture of what the chocks on the far side of the levelers look like when set up.
Totally agree with slow. Best thing I did for our camper. We love the easy set up. But thank you, you reminded me I have a couple of sets of the LEGO blocks in the garage that I need to Facebook this spring to get rid of.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:56 AM   #8
Timcharlie

Anderson Leveler

KHBama,
I also use the Anderson Levelers for my TT. The space between my tires is narrower as well and I did cut approx 2" off of them and they work just as well. The directions indicate they can be cut.

Tim
Timcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:09 AM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Another satisfied Anderson/Levelmate Pro user. Great products and it sure beats carrying heavy boards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #10
linux3

They work OK sometimes. When they work they are great.
I guess I wind up too often parking on grass and there just isn't enough surface area to not sink in.
I like the "leggo" blocks but whatever.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #11
DocWMB

Yep, that's what I use!

Andersen Levelers and x-chock on the low side of the camper with wheel chocks on the high side. They work great to get things close, then use my Auto-level. I put non-slip tread tape on mine and they don't scoot out as easily. Also put down a small piece of plywood when on softer ground to prevent sinking. Have tandem axles and occasionally need to work a bit to get the middle leveler in, but nothing serious.
Oregon

DocWMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #12
chartrand

Andersen all the way here as well. I love mine, and my only regret was that I did not purchase them sooner.

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #13
B-O-B'03

I have a set of them and they work very well.

It is so simple to level the trailer with them.

I do not have the level mate pro, that is the DW's job

-Brian
Old 03-23-2018, 11:15 PM   #14
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
I do not have the level mate pro, that is the DW's job

-Brian
That was my thoughts also.
But now that we're talking about levelers, has anyone tried this?
https://www.etrailer.com/Tools/Hopkins/HM08201.html
I like that it has LEDs that are supposed to be visible in the rear view mirror. I'm thinking it might be a good adjunct to the DW.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

call me old fashioned (after that magazine rack and Sears catalog post I may be)....

I still prefer the LevelMaster bubble level. It's about 12" long, big enough to see in the rear view mirror, mounts on the pin box of my fifth wheel and if the steel ball is "one mark over" the trailer is 1" low on that side. Easy to determine from the driver's seat how to level the trailer and no guess work on how many blocks to stack behind the tires. It can be mounted on a travel trailer just as easily as on a fifth wheel.

Even with "automatic leveling", I'd still want to position the trailer as close to level as I could, so I'd have one of these, even if I had "self leveling".....

For me, sometimes, the "old way" is still the "easy way"..... YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	levelmaster1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	15736   Click image for larger version

Name:	levelmaster2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	15737   Click image for larger version

Name:	levelmaster3.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	416.6 KB
ID:	15738  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #16
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
call me old fashioned (after that magazine rack and Sears catalog post I may be)....

I still prefer the LevelMaster bubble level. It's about 12" long, big enough to see in the rear view mirror, mounts on the pin box of my fifth wheel and if the steel ball is "one mark over" the trailer is 1" low on that side. Easy to determine from the driver's seat how to level the trailer and no guess work on how many blocks to stack behind the tires. It can be mounted on a travel trailer just as easily as on a fifth wheel.

Even with "automatic leveling", I'd still want to position the trailer as close to level as I could, so I'd have one of these, even if I had "self leveling".....

For me, sometimes, the "old way" is still the "easy way"..... YMMV
"You're old fashioned!".......There, I did it, because you asked to be called that!

I say, use whatever works best for you and as long as you are satisfied with the results, that's all that matters. I love my LevelMate, but that is basically all I ever used since the present trailer is my first trailer that really matters whether or not it's level.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Oh I almost forgot: AT&T stopped supporting my 15 year old flip-phone so I had to get another style. They "gave" me a smart phone, it lives in the electronics compartment on top of the dash in my truck and is connected to the 911 (air bag deployment) system in the truck. Total minutes of talk time on the phone 2 total texts 1 total time away from the truck 0. I've had it for almost a year now (my how time flies). After 2 careers where I was "at home on phone standby", carried a pager (remember when it used to beep and you called the office to get a message" or a cell phone. I promised myself that when I retired, I would never be "tied to an electronic rope, ever again" So far, I've managed without the rope and honestly, it's loads of stress relief to not listen to the "ka-ding" with every text when I'm out in the boat, relaxing with a cane pole in one hand and swatting "skeeters" with the other......

So yeah, a "curved level" trumps a dead battery and flashing lights, at least for me

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-24-2018, 09:59 AM   #18
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Oh I almost forgot: AT&T stopped supporting my 15 year old flip-phone so I had to get another style. They "gave" me a smart phone, it lives in the electronics compartment on top of the dash in my truck and is connected to the 911 (air bag deployment) system in the truck. Total minutes of talk time on the phone 2 total texts 1 total time away from the truck 0. I've had it for almost a year now (my how time flies). After 2 careers where I was "at home on phone standby", carried a pager (remember when it used to beep and you called the office to get a message" or a cell phone. I promised myself that when I retired, I would never be "tied to an electronic rope, ever again" So far, I've managed without the rope and honestly, it's loads of stress relief to not listen to the "ka-ding" with every text when I'm out in the boat, relaxing with a cane pole in one hand and swatting "skeeters" with the other......

So yeah, a "curved level" trumps a dead battery and flashing lights, at least for me
OK, a bad news/good news line.
You really are an "old fart"/but I'm old enough to be right there with ya!

Old 03-24-2018, 11:27 AM   #19
JRTJH
Site Team

Sorry for the late response, but I lost my glasses ROFL.... That said, there is something good about retirement.... I can sleep late, get up early, camp during the week "EVERY WEEK" and I'm never late for work

If you remember, I've got access to the parts of member profiles not visible to other members, so, yeah, I knew you're "right there with me" Being an old fart sure "trumps the alternative".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #20
66joej

Put me in the "old Fart" column also. It is nice to be healthy and be able to do stuff whenever.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote