Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Missslucrew

San Simeon California State Park

We just upgraded to a 29-foot Freedom Lite from a 24-foot Skyline Weekender. Camp spots were never an issue but now I'm confused!

Will they allow me to park my 33.9 foot overall trailer in a 31-foot driveway camp spot? I know the back might hang over the asphalt a little bit, but it would fit.

I can't seem to get a straight answer from Reserve America.....they don't have any 35-foot spots available for my dates.

Thanks everyone!
Missslucrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

When we were at Yellowstone NP 2 years ago there were more than "just a few" trailers that were being turned away from campground registration because of trailer length. People were reserving "any available campsite" and arriving with a rig that was longer than the site could accommodate. The registration desk at Yellowstone was telling them that they wouldn't fit and refusing to allow them to register or park on the site even though they had reservations for the site.

So, without knowing that you'll fit "within the site boundaries" you may find that the campground workers will look the other way, then again, you may find that you're turned away and may not get a refund. It's good that you're asking the question, but I'd suspect that you'll get better information by actually calling the campground and discussing the situation with the campground supervisor.

I don't think you'll get much traction at the campground by saying, "But someone on Keystone RV Forum said...."

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:16 PM   #3
Missslucrew

I emailed the state Parks so I should see a response within a couple weeks .

I was just hoping someone had knowledge of the policies. Thank you for your information though! I appreciate it!
Missslucrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
Canonman

We've had good results calling the campground host or manager directly. Gave them our numbers and asked if they had any spaces that could work for us. They know first hand what can fit where. One host even allowed us to park our truck in a day use parking area so the trailer would fit. These are nice folks who appreciate a guest verifying before they arrive to a dissapointment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_8683.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	12821  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:50 AM   #5
jsmith948

I have seen 35 & 40' motorhomes and trailers at San Simeon. The lower CG might be tight, but the upper CG will be ok. We stayed in spots in the center rows with no problem. Nothing was said about the rear of the trailer overhanging the pad. Just make sure your tires stay on the pad.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote