Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #21
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Was a milkman in Thunder Bay, Ontario (Paul's home town, used to be called Port Arthur/Fort William) delivered milk to the Shaffer household back in the 60s. He was a lot younger then. Oops dating myself.
Is that great Swiss/German restaurant still in Radium? Can't remember the name.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #22
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
Is that great Swiss/German restaurant still in Radium? Can't remember the name.
Yes that would be Helna's Stube. Just remodeled and expanded. Still good food.
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:46 AM   #23
Quiroule

Canada is celebrating its 150th birthday in 2017 and Montreal its 375th birthday.

There will be celebrations all summer. Montreal has outdoors and indoor events almost every night thru the summer.

Historic Quebec City will host 40 tall ships from July 18th to 23 and have a multitude of other activities. Visiting the old section of the city will make you feel like you were in a French city. You may want to check this site.

http://www.quebecregion.com/en/

Have a good and safe trip.

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:04 AM   #24
GMcKenzie

Just a comment on those thinking of heading up North. It looks like your buck will go a lot farther this year. Sad as I plan to go the other way and it's going to hurt a bit.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #25
Desert185

Currently, a US$ buys $1.3622CDN.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #26
Double b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo291OH View Post
For the last several years we take a 2 week vacation with our kids, for next year we were thinking of heading to Canada. We are in Ohio so we would be crossing at either Detroit or Sault St. Marie. I have never traveled much in Canada, what is best from there, east or west? We were in Glacier National Park in Montana a few years ago and really liked that. We were at Acadia National Park in Maine last and liked that also. We already have passports so that's not an issue, just wondering from our resident Canadians on the forum which way would you go and what would you see?
Seeing we're located just north of you in Windsor Ontario. I would have to ask how long you plan on vacationing. It will make a huge impact on where you go.

To go out east and travel to Banff, Jasper, and the Canadian Rockies and only drive 5-6 hrs a day it would take you 4-5 days.

Going out east from your location would take 3 days to get to the Canadian side of the mouth of St Lawrence, IE Fredericton, St Johns, PEI area.

If you chose to stay closer to Ohio and only travel 1-2 days there is Tobermory, Sauble Beach with is the part of the northern escarpment. We stayed there last summer. Quite a few places to see in that general area.

Then there is the Canadian Capital tour, Meaning Kingston (Old Fort Henry, RMC), Ottawa, Quebec city, Montreal. All have national parks and 1812 forts that are free to visit this year as it is our parks 150 anniversary.

We plan on a 4 week tour of the east coast. Starting in Fredericton - NB, Cavendish - PEI, Sydney - NS, Halifax - NS, Digby - NS, St John NB. All locations have major beaches (although cold water) and national parks to keep the cost in check. Our theme is to dip our feet in as many bodies of water that the great lakes feed into.

Also if you are a true nature nut, there is always Algonquin park. You'll see a lot bears, moose, raccoons, and chipmunks. But this location is more canoeing and stuff. Our kids (3 girls and 1 boy) like beaches and flea market shopping for souvenirs. Not walking for ever and being eaten by bugs.

If any of these places interest you, PM me and I will share what our experiences in each of these places.
Double b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:15 PM   #27
notanlines

BB, not going to venture into Newfoundland and points north?
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:32 PM   #28
66joej

Doubleb The mileage from say Windsor ON . to Jasper AB. is about 3600 kms( 2300 miles). It's a long haul at 300 miles a day. Have done it a few times. Jasper to Toronto. I will say worth the trip if you have the time.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
Old 05-19-2017, 02:42 AM   #29
Double b

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
BB, not going to venture into Newfoundland and points north?

Nope. The cost of the boat ride with the 35' trailer in tow is ridiculously expensive. We would rather spend that in other ways in Nova Scotia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2017, 02:47 AM   #30
Double b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Doubleb The mileage from say Windsor ON . to Jasper AB. is about 3600 kms( 2300 miles). It's a long haul at 300 miles a day. Have done it a few times. Jasper to Toronto. I will say worth the trip if you have the time.

Did that when I was 12 with my parents in the back of an 1982 Dodge Ram and a tent. The one big trip we took as a family. We visited Calgary, Edmonton, Banff, Jasper, winepeg, Etc.... I remember it took a week to get there and a week back.

It's the basis of this summers trip with our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2017, 02:55 AM   #31
notanlines

Joe, let me tell you something you certainly already know: British Columbia is worth the drive HOWEVER far you have to drive.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:08 AM   #32
66joej

Thanks for the compliment Jim

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE