Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
adobronut

2014 Fuzion 371 with a not so cold Fridge

Hi there

I am just wondering. I have the 8 cu Dometic fridge in the slideout on my trailer and it just doesn't seem to cool the fridge down enough. The dealer took the probe off the side of the cooling fin so it would supposedly run full blast. The coldest that it has gotten so far is 40. My old fridge use to freeze items on full. Am I expecting something more than I should or is someone with a setup kinda like mine have to turn the fridge down or it gets too cold in the fridge part. The freezer seems to keep everything frozen just fine. We have checked the seals and everything. I just don't want to hear stories from my dealer so I want to try and find out some info.

Thanks
adobronut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Since your refer is in a slide, proper venting can be an issue. Maybe installing a fan that moves air over the cooling unit might help.

Another thing is to start the fridge, and after about 1/2 hr take a rubber mallet and gently tap the cooling coils. My dad did this back in the 70's and seemed to help. I don't know if the same stuff is in the cooling unit these days.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #3
suddensam

My Raptor 332TS has a different fridge than yours (18 cu ft Norcold) but mine is installed in a slide out very similar to your 371. On our last trip we had trouble getting the fridge to initially cool after it had been sitting off for a couple of weeks. My wife turned on the fridge a few hours before she planned to start loading things in it but after about 3 hours it didn't seem to be getting very cold in the main compartment. The freezer was nice and cold though. Switched it from AC to gas and it started feeling cooler within about 30 minutes. After the weekend of using it on gas most of the time I left it on AC mode over night and it seemed to be maintaining the temperature no problem. I'm not sure if this is an indication of a problem or not with mine but my experience is that RV refrigerators do run better on gas compared to AC mode. Were you running on AC or gas when it didn't seem to be getting cold enough?