Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
lizzie

Up dates on mods to Bullet 248RKS

Click image for larger version

Name:	TT mods, repairs at GB and Sadie 001.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	5398

Name:	TT mods, repairs at GB and Sadie 002.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	5399

Name:	TT mods, repairs at GB and Sadie 005.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	5400

Name:	TT mods, repairs at GB and Sadie 006.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	5401

I posted a few weeks ago about adding Cabinetmaid drawers under the dinette in our Bullet 248 RKS. I got some good suggestions about covering up the space exposed after we removed the back panel. I decided to use the left over panel piece to make a vertical sliding cover. The vertical grooves are made from metal frame designed to hold mirrors. I attached a handle to assist in raising and lowering the panel and used Door Edge Trim purchased from an auto supply store to the cover the raw edge. The edge trim came in bronze or black but I think it is available in clear plastic also. We also attached a piece of plywood to the underside of the bed to accommodate a full-sized queen mattress. Since this made it more difficult to access the storage under the bed, I took the panel off and put in a shelf unit with drawers that I bought at Walmart. Then I used the mirror frames to create a horizontal slide to cover the evidence.
Our next project is a slide out drawer for basement storage. Thanks for all the help I got from my first post. lizzie
lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
ThePressureIsOn

Very nice mods lizzie. Can't wait to see your slide out drawer mod for the basement storage.....ours is always a disaster area.
ThePressureIsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
Attachment 5398

Attachment 5399

Attachment 5400

Attachment 5401

I posted a few weeks ago about adding Cabinetmaid drawers under the dinette in our Bullet 248 RKS. I got some good suggestions about covering up the space exposed after we removed the back panel. I decided to use the left over panel piece to make a vertical sliding cover. The vertical grooves are made from metal frame designed to hold mirrors. I attached a handle to assist in raising and lowering the panel and used Door Edge Trim purchased from an auto supply store to the cover the raw edge. The edge trim came in bronze or black but I think it is available in clear plastic also. We also attached a piece of plywood to the underside of the bed to accommodate a full-sized queen mattress. Since this made it more difficult to access the storage under the bed, I took the panel off and put in a shelf unit with drawers that I bought at Walmart. Then I used the mirror frames to create a horizontal slide to cover the evidence.
Our next project is a slide out drawer for basement storage. Thanks for all the help I got from my first post. lizzie
Great ideas!!! Well done!

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote