Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
Grim

Keystone Sprinter

Hello all... Family started camping the beginning of the this year after getting a 20 year old trailer from a family member. Needless to say we all fell in love with it and have decided to make the long term commitment and just purchased a 2012 Sprinter (323BHS). We take delivery in 2 weeks. I am curious about any issues people have had with theirs or any helpful hints with a new camper. At this point we will be leaving it seasonal so I dont have any concerns with towing it. Thanks for the input
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Since you don't plan on towing your trailer it is very important that you do a thorough inspection of the trailer BEFORE you take delivery. Downloading the Pre delivery inspection checklist available in the "Keystone Questions" part of the forum may help you eliminate any unnecessary trips back to the dealer. Checking to see that all systems work and that there are no flaws in workmanship or delivery damage is critical BEFORE you sign on the dotted line.
Now that I have scared the heck out of you, let me say: You are going to love your new Sprinter and have many years of vacation memories in it. Enjoy your new vacation home, Cheers, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
327fls

Two words.....Love It!!!

2005 E-350 V-10
2012 Keystone Sprinter 327 FLS
327fls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
Grim

Thankks very much Hank... I will be sure to have a copy of the chest list with me and go through it before accepting the camper. Last thing I want is to have to tow it 250 miles back to the dealer.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
therink

Since your drive is 250 miles, personally I would like count on spending 3 to 4 hrs with the pdi. You want to make sure everything is good. If your pdi is thorough, you will likely find items that need to be repaired, adjusted, etc. If the dealer can't fix these items at that time, you may want to consider the fact that you may need to leave the RV for the repairs to be made. The reality is that there is most always something that needs to be fixed on brand new units. It is the nature of the beast. Once you are set up at your perm location, don't count on the dealer coming to you for warranty work.
If it was me, I wouldn't sign anything until the pdi was completed and subsequent repairs made.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
SAD
Permanent User Ban

In addition to printing off the. Heck list, and a LONG PDI as the rink suggests... Might be worthwhile to camp in it 3-4 days someplace near the dealer... And then return to the dealer at the end of those 3-4 days with a punch list if necessary. Just an idea.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
In addition to printing off the. Heck list, and a LONG PDI as the rink suggests... Might be worthwhile to camp in it 3-4 days someplace near the dealer... And then return to the dealer at the end of those 3-4 days with a punch list if necessary. Just an idea.
That is an excellent idea. Some dealers have the facilities on site and can put you up for a long weekend. That five-hundred mile round trip can get annoying after awhile even when not towing.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
Freebirdusa

the only issue that I have had with my sprinter is the button (switch) that opens and closes the electric awning got stuck when I closed it before we headed home. When I got home I tried to open it to dry out the rain water that gets in there traveling. Nothing happened. It burnt up the motor to the awning. You would think it would kick a breaker or blow a fuse. After 6 weeks at camping world I got it replaced under warranty. Just make sure your switches spring back to the center. You will understand once you start using the switches.

2012 Keystone Sprinter 266 RBS

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty 6-7 Diesel
Freebirdusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
glennbtw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebirdusa View Post
the only issue that I have had with my sprinter is the button (switch) that opens and closes the electric awning got stuck when I closed it before we headed home. When I got home I tried to open it to dry out the rain water that gets in there traveling. Nothing happened. It burnt up the motor to the awning. You would think it would kick a breaker or blow a fuse. After 6 weeks at camping world I got it replaced under warranty. Just make sure your switches spring back to the center. You will understand once you start using the switches.

This happened to me also. My difference was I was at the campground and when it came time to leave, nothing happened, burnt out the motor. I would add that when it is sitting at the dealer for those 6 weeks either disconnect or remove the house battery. If not it will be beyond dead after 6 weeks.
glennbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
x96mnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbtw View Post
This happened to me also. My difference was I was at the campground and when it came time to leave, nothing happened, burnt out the motor. I would add that when it is sitting at the dealer for those 6 weeks either disconnect or remove the house battery. If not it will be beyond dead after 6 weeks.
Add me to the list of this as well. Only difference is my dealer came out and helped me get it back in on a Sunday and had it fixed Monday night.

The awning switch was reversed so out was in and in out and it stuck which I thought was how it was supposed to be lol. The same on the electric jack and worse yet one of the gray tanks were labeled black and the black tank was labelled grey. Check the back if the cupboard doors as some have been known for cracks.

Other then that these sprinters seem solid. Have about 2600 miles on mine since I picked it up a few months back.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Hello all... Family started camping the beginning of the this year after getting a 20 year old trailer from a family member. Needless to say we all fell in love with it and have decided to make the long term commitment and just purchased a 2012 Sprinter (323BHS). We take delivery in 2 weeks. I am curious about any issues people have had with theirs or any helpful hints with a new camper. At this point we will be leaving it seasonal so I dont have any concerns with towing it. Thanks for the input
to the forum and congrats on your new Sprinter. We love our Sprinter and I'm sure you will love yours as well. As for issues, every trailer is going to be different when it comes to problems. Some problems can be common across many different models and brands as listed above. The one thing everyone has in common is you deal with them as they come. As time goes on you will find things about your trailer that works for you and things that doesn't work for you and that's when the mods begin. Like for us and our Sprinter we found that some things didn't work that great or needed to be improved for our needs (see my list of mods in the Sprinter social groups http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/gro...iscussionid=27). Have fun enjoying your new trailer and like a few others have said I would see if you could stay a couple of days in the camper at the dealer or at a near by campground to find any bugs.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
stormy2000

pre check for sprinter

hello,

wife and I picked up our new sprinter a week ago, and we love it, in conjunction with the pre-check list, we used a cam corder and recorded the entire process. and now we can go back and watch it again.

It has helped us as we reviewed the hitch/unhitch, the how to's and everything else the tech did, which was a lot!!

enjoy your sprinter and hope everything goes great!

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote