Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2017, 03:08 AM   #1
Desert185

Andersen No Sway WD Hitch

Seems too simple, but Andersen is like that. If I had a TT this might be worth a try. Anyone ever use this?

https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/...ion-hitch.aspx
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:09 AM   #2
Jetfixer03

I took my new TT out for the first trip of any length with the Andersen this w/e. I've never used a conventional WD hitch to compare it to, and my TT is only a 19 ft ultra light, certainly not an acid test.

I did a standard setup per Andersen's instructions. I haven't been to the CAT scale yet, but will soon to really quantify the WD performance. FWIW the stance of the truck seemed fine. As far as sway, I felt nothing. I passed lots of oncoming semis at 65mph on two lane hwys and felt zero. It was moderately windy across open plains, I felt some gusts the tiniest bit. No bounce, but I'm not sure I was on any bounce inducing road. There is some concrete road the other direction that caused bounce w/o the Andersen, so I'll be checking that out when I head to the CAT.

For my light duty application I'm happy. Reading reviews prior, I don't recall reading any bad accounts by people that actually have the hitch. Plenty are sceptical, but don't have actual experience with it. My take was that it may not cut it for large units, but for light and medium duty it's easy, quiet, and clean.
Jetfixer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
theeyres

My trailer pulls like a dream with the Andersen. Not a problem in the world. The skeptics are people who read negative comments but have never used the hitch. It is very easy to hook and unhook--much easier than my old Equal-i-zer. I would never go back to the old style hitches.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch