Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
roadglide

Coast to coast membership

Where at resort in California. I just finished orenation about cost to cost membership with good sams . I m looking for members with experience useing cost to cost membership.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Do you mean Coast to Coast Membership?? Had it for a short time, ended up not using it and eventually dropped it
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
roadglide

Yes the program you had . I'm also interested in the 10 k and above that is 1 time payment with annual membership payment. It's member resort parks in the USA. Free along with 100s of 10$ Parks.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:44 AM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Not familiar with the relationship of Coast to Coast with Good Sam. It used to be that in order to even gain access to a Coast to Coast membership you had to have a Resort Membership (one of those 10K plus deals) with one the organizations out there providing them. If you do a search of this forum you will find discussions we had on resort memberships. Think it all comes down to your camping style. Keep in mine these memberships are on sale by members for what ever reason want to get out of their current contracts. Some wanting to give them away free to avoid the lifetime yearly membership fees.

Keep in mine there are also levels of membership in Coast to Coast, rather than $10 a night at some places are totally free, well less any specific add on costs Watch these

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 02-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #5
CWSWine

We had one about 25 years ago and had sell back option but still lot money to get out the contract. If you just don't pay they take legal actions and not paying affects you credit ratings. We sold ours for take over payments and took several years to sell. I would never get myself into contract like that again but I'm assuming that the contracts are as binding now as they were then. Before signing I would get with lawyer and have him explain the laws and conditions that are not stated in the contract but applies in your state.
2016 GMC Denila 1 ton Diesel CC 3722
2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
Montana 3711FL Front Living Room 5er
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #6
BOWWOW

Make sure that you check out the resorts that they have to offer, anything that has a timeshare smell to it I am very apprehensive about. Personally I would not get into a contract I enjoy my FREEDOM!

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #7
ImTravis

We had one and recently got out of it.. was that Thousand Trails with Coast to Coast membership. Wife and I thought it was great, until we tried using it a few times. We find KOA and state parks seem to be best for us..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
<object width="290" height="130"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KKYBURLI11&freq=&units= english&lang=EN" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KKYBURLI11&freq=&units= english&lang=EN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="290" height="130" /></object>
Old 02-19-2017, 04:53 PM   #8
m&m

Currently have a coast to coast. If you are not going to do a lot of camping its not a good deal.
My home park in in a high resort area where its hard to get spaces during events and summertime. 2wks in then out a week. home park cost 300 yr. still has old style camping.
On travels have spent $10 a night up to $30. Other people paying 30 -90 dollars a night.
Have stayed in very fine resorts and some dumps.Most have been great.
Other benefits have used also like Friends and family.
Would get resale and pick a park you would like and enjoy often and not expensive.
Coast to coast is 99 year.
m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:04 AM   #9
roadglide

M&m thank you . I'm at emerald cove California 4 nights free stay for 90 minutes of very low sale pitch . We travel half the year going cost to cost . I have to be a member to get park information that is a deal breaker. Are the parks cost to cost on major highways or off the beaten path .
Old 02-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

roadglide,

You don't have to be a member to get information about the RV parks that are affiliated with Coast to Coast (Good Sam's membership club). You can get the information right here with one click: https://www.coastresorts.com/directory/index.cfm

Keep in mind that there are several "membership resort clubs" and they are all independent. What that means is that it's like shopping at KMart, WalMart, Target and Big Lots. They all sell pretty much the same things, often from different manufacturers, but they all compete and are found in different locations, usually fairly close to each other.

It's the same with "membership resorts". Most of them have a presence in popular areas, they differ in what they offer at each resort, the rules don't apply equally from one club to another and certainly don't offer the same type of benefits from one organization to the next. Some are relatively affordable, some are very expensive, some will "hound you to death" if you miss an annual payment, some, you just forfeit your membership after you miss a specific number of annual dues payments. Some you can't sell and some will buy back your membership (usually at a discount) if you want out. Some you "simply can't get out" and some are much easier, even as easy as just a phone call.

Do a LOT of research to make sure you aren't "signing away your life's freedoms" (I know, drama/over the top) if you do choose to join one of the "membership exclusive resorts"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:22 AM   #11
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Since John has laid a foundation explaining Resort Memberships let me see if I can expand on this and give my interpretation of Coast to Coast. Picture these different resort memberships each having their own Resort Camp sites. Each membership giving you access, generally FREE camping to those Resort Camp Sites in that membership package. In short you will not have access to these Resort Campsites with out having a membership.

Now here comes Coast to Coast, remember you can not get a Coast to Coast Membership without being a Member of one of the many other Resort Memberships out there. So basically you will have at least two memberships , one Coast to Coast and some other one. So you can look at Coast to Coast as a membership that links these other memberships together. it establishes a reciprocal relationship between these participating Resort Memberships. Reciprocal meaning you will be treated no different going to a Resort Camp site with its own membership as compared to going to a Resort Campsite in another Resort membership that you are not a member.

Here are a couple examples. You have two Resort memberships (A and B) each having their own Resort Campsites. Normally member A would not have access to Resort Campsites in Membership B. If either membership A or B also purchased a coast to coast membership, roughly $100 to $300 annual maintenance fees based on membership level, that would give them access to Resort Campsites in the other Membership. Keep in mind I said you would be treated the same, but you will follow the rules of your Coast to Coast membership level.

Example two: You decided to purchase a limited Membership, not all the resorts as in a complete Resort Membership package, Again with only that membership you would not have access to all the other Resort Campsites that Resort Membership offers. Now by getting a second membership Coast to Coast you would have access to all of the Resort Campsites as well as all of the other offered Resort Campsites in other Resort Memberships. Remember in this example Resort camp sites fees would be Free if it is a Resort campsite in your membership , whereas if you use Coast to Coast it would be say $10 a night. To confuse one more, its possible if you chose the premium Coast to Coast package camping would be also Free.

With these memberships there is more than one way to skin a cat. I tried to make this short, at the risk of being too general. The point is you have to really read and understand these Resort Memberships. Also remember there are many Resort memberships advertised on the Internet at drastically reduced costs, some free. You are somewhat protected because these memberships have to be officially transferred between members, transfer fees paid to that Resort Membership main office (~$400)

Okay everyone up

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 02-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #12
m&m

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
M&m thank you . I'm at emerald cove California 4 nights free stay for 90 minutes of very low sale pitch . We travel half the year going cost to cost . I have to be a member to get park information that is a deal breaker. Are the parks cost to cost on major highways or off the beaten path .
If you would like to get info on parks PM me and I'll get what ever info youlike. I did not pay full membeship price.
m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #13
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Information on Resort Memberships including Resort Camp Sites is readily available on the web. Just tried a couple, other than making a reservation no login was required. In gereral along with Web site access, there are many apps out there that will give camp site information , reviews, directions, etc
Old 02-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #14
B-O-B'03

Wow, time share RV'ing... Who-da-thunkit?

I think I will stick with my life time National Parks Senior pass, free entrance, 1/2 price camping in all national parks, national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Fish & Wildlife and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. A pass covers entrance, standard amenity fees and day use fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas.

62 and up lifetime passes are $10, under 62 annual pass is $80

But, we go camping to get away and are not looking for fluff and amenities.

YMMV

-Brian
Old 02-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #15
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
Wow, time share RV'ing... Who-da-thunkit?

I think I will stick with my life time National Parks Senior pass, free entrance, 1/2 price camping in all national parks, national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, Fish & Wildlife and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. A pass covers entrance, standard amenity fees and day use fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas.

62 and up lifetime passes are $10, under 62 annual pass is $80

But, we go camping to get away and are not looking for fluff and amenities.

YMMV

-Brian
Also have this Senior Pass, but was at able to get to one nearby, therefore had to get it over the phone and pay $10 processing fee Still great deal !! Do have a question, is there a website that lists all of the sites?? Do not remember getting one with the card, then again do not remember where I put my keys and .........

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 02-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #16
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Also have this Senior Pass, but was at able to get to one nearby, therefore had to get it over the phone and pay $10 processing fee Still great deal !! Do have a question, is there a website that lists all of the sites?? Do not remember getting one with the card, then again do not remember where I put my keys and .........

haha, definitely can relate to that one I call it CRS (Can't Remember Stuff)

Here is a Link that has information on the various types of passes, I picked mine up in Big Bend NP, last October, what a great deal.

-Brian
Old 02-28-2017, 02:45 PM   #17
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Thanks looks like it is divided by area, will have to put this on to do list until we get ready to plan a LETS go look at things trip

Again: THANKS

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)