Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
potisha

Is Keystone a good quality product

Hi all. I am thinking of buying the 2013 Keystone Springdale 247 FWRLLS 5th wheel. I've tried to do research on the internet and have ran across quite a few negative experiences with the Keystone product and customer service. So now I'm having second thoughts although I really like the look, I don't want to waste a bunch of money if they are junk. Does anyone out there have the 2013 Springdale?
potisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
cabinfever

We do not have a 5er but did purchase a 2013 Springdale 303BHSSR TT last Feb. We are completely satisfied. For an "entry" level TT I have found the construction to be very good. That being said, I have read about problems on every brand of TT and 5er on the market from Forest River to Keystone products. These are complex systems built on a moving chassis by fallible human beings. I have also read about customer service issues with every brand. It is hard to judge the complaints about craftsmanship and customer service without being there. In my and the DW conclusion when deciding on our final purchase was floor plan, cost, and our Keystone dealer being 3 miles away. I am sure you will receive many more comments and hope you have a great experience before, during, and after your final purchase.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

We had a 2011 Springdale 242 fifth wheel. Granted, it's an "entry level" RV, but ours was assembled and performed as well as any RV we've owned. The only reason we don't still have it is because of a "lazy tree" that just couldn't stay standing and decided to fall on it. There are some who will degrade the wooden frame, the "look" and the "price range". We were more than satisfied with all of those and more. While not being a "complex RV with all the "bells and whistles", it is, by design, simple, reliable and durable.

The only issue I think you'll face, like almost all of us with Keystone products is the "belief" that Polar Package means "winter camping capable" They aren't. But then any RV from any manufacturer is going to have 2" thick walls, single pane windows, little insulation and they are pretty much all "energy wasters" rather than "snug as a bug in a rug" kind of places to hide during the winter. As a 3 season camper/travel trailer, Springdale is a good investment for most people who don't want (or don't need) all the "extras" and simply want a reliable travel trailer.....

If I were in the market today for a new fifth wheel and Springdale had the floorplan and pricing to meet my needs, I wouldn't write it off the list because it's a Keystone nor would I balk because it's an entry level RV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
fla-gypsy

Keystone like all RV manufacturers is capable of building a well constructed RV and at times makes some junk too. Every RV produced is only as good as the care spent putting them together by the workers who mass produce them. In my case my 2006 Hornet is well made and has served me extremely well.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #5
BillnDeb

Agree with Cabinfever! We bought our first RV, Cougar 5er, in Sept 2013. You have to have patience and establish a good relationship with the service rep for warranty work-you'll need something repaired or replaced at some point. We gave them our travel schedule and they are working around it!
2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost
2003 Ultra Classic Harley sold May 2014
blog: https://dalees107.wordpress.com
BillnDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
spappy

We have owned our Springdale for a year now and couldn't be happier. I would not even know that it's "entry level". We have 3 kids and it's held up very well so far. I absolutely could not be happier. I was not surprised when I saw that Keystone won the Trailer Life 2013 readers choice award for FW and TT. They deserve it.
Spap
Old 02-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
matandjen

We just purchased our second Keystone 5ver and could not be happier with both our first and second units.
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote