Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #21
patagoniadave
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
tell DW to live with the color and move on to another project because this one has all the makings of an exercise in futility.
What he said!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #22
patagoniadave
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
She says thanks and to send her a bone
I rescued her 4 yrs from a very nasty place and she goes everywhere with us.
2 yrs later she saved my life and I'll never forget that
So what's the GF plans now?
It will be hard to keep my dog Chase away, he has a thing for cute girl dogs. His brother will just pout, and sulk under my legs. He does not understand girls.

You will have to tell me the life saving story someday, I am a sucker for a good animal story.

Uh, she is pulling all of the hardware off, and has decided to paint all of the gold some other color. This is why I was asking about painting the vinyl, the doors are already off, but so be it. She is going to paint the wall paper accent band a solid color, and is looking into dying the fabrics.

I am working on a plan to change the queen bed into an almost king, but it is complicated due to the lack of room when the slide is closed. I think I have it ciphered though, just waiting on mattresses.

Basically, going to get two half king size mattresses, and turn them perpendicular to the way people sleep. I'll extend the bed frame the full width of the slide for one mattress, and on the front mattress, there will be a fold down extension. So when the slides are closed, I will fold down the extension in front, and stack the two mattresses in the slide portion. I think this will also make for an excellent 1/2 Murphy Bed. While she is working in the office / bedroom, we will stack the front mattress on the back one, and I will install a piano hinge halfway up the bedframe, walla, instant desk. The side extension may even end up acting as a brace when the plywood is folded up, have not got that far.

Best part of the whole thing, is I was able to come up with it on my own, without adding to my ballooning annoying question post count on the forum. I'll post pics when I start the project, may work for someone else in the future.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #23
Festus2
Site Team

Dave -
For a moment there, I thought that this thread was about "Painting Wood Laminate" but somehow the topic seems to have become sidetracked into another project - changing bed size from King to Queen or Queen to King - not sure which. Oh yes, let's not forget about the dogs.

If you are going to ask questions about changing the bed size, please start a new thread. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #24
patagoniadave
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Dave -
For a moment there, I thought that this thread was about "Painting Wood Laminate" but somehow the topic seems to have become sidetracked into another project - changing bed size from King to Queen or Queen to King - not sure which. Oh yes, let's not forget about the dogs.

If you are going to ask questions about changing the bed size, please start a new thread. Thanks.
ha, I was not asking questions, just answering the question about what the next projects were. Sorry for the rambling, I will post pictures of the bed project when I start it, in a new thread.

(oh, and it was queen to king, I will send you some sketches)

dogs are always good thread hijackers, no?
Old 02-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #25
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by patagoniadave View Post
ha, I was not asking questions, just answering the question about what the next projects were. Sorry for the rambling, I will post pictures of the bed project when I start it, in a new thread.

(oh, and it was queen to king, I will send you some sketches)

dogs are always good thread hijackers, no?
Dave-
Sorry if I appear confused but as you can see, I'm having trouble keeping track of all of your projects that you seem to have going on all at the same time. I have to rely on my fingers to do the counting but alas they only go up to 10 (at last count).

Thanks for the offer of the King to Queen bed sketches but if my wife sees them, she may want me to do the same thing. Not a good idea. I'll take a rain check on that project--and also the painting of the kitchen cabinets which now appears that it may not be a project after all.

Dogs are good for a lot of things. Don't blame them for hijacking threads.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #26
patagoniadave
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Dave-
Sorry if I appear confused but as you can see, I'm having trouble keeping track of all of your projects that you seem to have going on all at the same time. I have to rely on my fingers to do the counting but alas they only go up to 10 (at last count).

Thanks for the offer of the King to Queen bed sketches but if my wife sees them, she may want me to do the same thing. Not a good idea. I'll take a rain check on that project--and also the painting of the kitchen cabinets which now appears that it may not be a project after all.

Dogs are good for a lot of things. Don't blame them for hijacking threads.
I know, I will calm down soon as all the little items get settled. Then it will be all trip reports and campfire stories of course. That and impressing newbies with my vast storehouse of recently attained knowledge. Apparently I am a senior member now?

Have not quite given up on the painting of the cabinets yet but it is much less urgent than it was this morning.

I have to be able to hijack my own threads, it is just how my brain goes! I do so solemnly swear to significantly cut down on the hijacking of other peoples threads.

Thanks for putting up with me Festus!
Old 02-07-2014, 04:11 AM   #27
robo

Rewrap them with new design
https://www.google.com/search?q=cont...signs&tbm=shop
Old 02-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #28
Festus2
Site Team

Rob -
You might want to check the link you included in your post ---- doesn't work for me.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #29
Kristi

Dave- Going back to the cabinets... . I think changing out the hardware will make quite a difference & maybe get you out of the painting issue. Hardware, wallpaper, & fabric choices date interiors much more then cabinets. There are several threads about wallpaper boarder removal if she decides to go that route.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #30
Bob Landry

Don't fret, Festus.. I'm as confused as you are. Also as unfortunate, the next time the OP posts with an actual legit topic, few are going to take him seriously.

This is a perfect example of a thread that should have been closed a while back.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 02-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #31
Bob Landry

Maybe we have been trolled and we just don't realize it yet..

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 02-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #32
patagoniadave
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
Maybe we have been trolled and we just don't realize it yet..
Sigh, the only one I see trolling here is you. My apologies to all for asking a lot of questions, and my obviously poor attempts at light banter. I feel that all of my posts have been legitimate, if not sometimes stupid. The stupid comes from ignorance, not malice. I have purchased my first rv, with no prior experience, and no benefit of a dealer "walk through" as it was purchased privately. I am going out on the road full time in tow or so months, and have to learn everything you all know. That, and the fact that I work in front of a computer all day is why I have a large amount of posts, in a wide variety of topics. Email alerts tell me when a thread I am subscribed to has a post, and I can quickly switch over, respond, and switch back to work. I am sorry for the very ignorant questions I have asked, and very sorry for the threads I have hi-jacked. It is all in an attempt to cram as much knowledge and safety before going out on the road. I will not apologize for my writing personality, it is who I am.

I would just like to sincerely thank everyone for all the help they have given me in threads, in pms, and just from reading old posts. You have saved me thousands of dollars already, and I believe made me much safer. My personality is obviously not a good fit here, so I will leave you to your close minded club, and go find one more welcoming.

Festus, congratulations on winning your bet, I am sorry I made you read so many posts. My advice is that instead of concentrating on how many times someone posts, or how scattered their project list is, you should check the content of the message, because if you are ok with personal insults like Bobs, then I think you are missing the point of good moderation.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #33
Festus2
Site Team

This thread is now closed.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #34
hankpage
Site Team

Dave, I'm sorry you feel that way. You have to understand that as moderators we have to try to stay ahead of fires and snuff them before they reach our members. Try to understand the frustration of trying to keep up with rambling posts and deciding if replies from established members are appropriate. Some folks who are trying to help get frustrated also and start to believe that they are being made fools of.
Festus2 is a man of his word so I am pretty certain he do what he said. Take the day to think things over and look at your posts from our side. We are overwhelmed as much as you. Whatever you decide, good luck with your projects. (you certainly have your hands full) As usual, JM2¢, Hank
Closed Thread