Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2021, 08:31 AM   #1
adeakins

Camera View on Ford SYNCH Screen

I have a 41’ 2018 Montana 3791. I tow it with a 2020 Ford F-350 Superduty. My trailer came with a Furion rear camera that wants to be Bluetooth connected to a tiny handheld screen some 46’ away. I’ve never been able to connect the camera. What I want to do is to connect a camera (any brand) to the existing SYNCH 3 camera screen. There’s even a spare, if you will, camera screen which might be integrated. Right now, that screen is blank. My question is; has anyone made that integration happen? I know Ford has a rear camera however the five dealers in three states I asked about it claim to be unaware of such.
adeakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Yes, it's possible, but not with "OEM Ford parts"....

You'll need to buy an aftermarket adapter harness to use a camera system as an "add on to the OEM screen"...

Try some research with these folks. They are easy to work with and usually have an answer for seemingly impossible modifications: https://www.4dtech.com/accessories-more/cameras-parts/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #3
adeakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Yes, it's possible, but not with "OEM Ford parts"....

You'll need to buy an aftermarket adapter harness to use a camera system as an "add on to the OEM screen"...

Try some research with these folks. They are easy to work with and usually have an answer for seemingly impossible modifications: https://www.4dtech.com/accessories-more/cameras-parts/
I will. Thanks.
adeakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:44 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeakins View Post
I will. Thanks.
No problem. I've got their navigation system upgrade in our F250 and the dealership can't figure out how it works like the OEM parts... In reality, it is a "reprogrammed OEM part" LOL

And, I have one of their adapter harnesses connected to a camera mounted in the grill and powered/switched to the "big screen in the dash" by one of the upfitter switches. It makes for much less stress parking in a crowded parking lot and "knowing" (not guessing) how close the bumper is to that "too low to see" car in front of us....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:56 PM   #5
USFBullGuy

My rear furrion camera somehow sync’d with my stock backup camera options, however, it took the place of my third brake light camera view to see the fifth wheel. Dunno how I did it, but it was on accident. All stock (except the furrion 7” monitor suctioned to the windshield and plugged into cigarette lighter. I had to unplug my furrion to get the fifth wheel view back, but now they are separate again (which I like).
USFBullGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, screen