Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2021, 07:40 AM   #21
dutchmensport

I heard that within the last couple days, gasoline prices in California hit over $7.00 a gallon? I suppose there's more than one way keep people from using fossil fuel run machines! Make the fuel prices so high, no one can afford to buy it.

I find it funny, that a couple months ago, I saw (on an alternative new feed, not main-stream media), an article with photos of a woman who's "electric" car went dead on the edge of the road. The tow-truck or "rescue truck" that was recharging her car batteries was doing so with a diesel generator on the back of the truck!

Are people truly THAT stupid to think electricity can survive on solar and wind only?

My gosh California, get your head out of your .....
Old 10-24-2021, 07:43 AM   #22
Todd727

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Why is it a problem swapping from a gasoline generator to an electric generator to protect the environment? We know that the entire world follows our lead. Gasoline generators are powered by fossil fuel and all electric generators are powered by massive wind turbines, hydro-electric power and solar panels attached to the brackets where the fuel tank was located.
In just a few years the entire world, China and South America included, will be following the lead of California.
Texas Javi, Ontario Dan and New Mexico Jerry made me post this.
What in the world does this even mean? You use a small gasoline generator when the power goes out or you are in a remote location.

How are you going to power an electric generator? What does that even mean? If you have electricity to power it, why would you need a generator?

I doubt you have a large wind turbines or small damn in your yard in Germantown. How many batteries would you need to run you house last year when the power was out in some parts of Memphis for two to three days?
Old 10-24-2021, 07:54 AM   #23
tomd

I guess boondocking will be near charging stations in California. I’m embarrassed to live in this state.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:37 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd727 View Post
What in the world does this even mean? You use a small gasoline generator when the power goes out or you are in a remote location.

How are you going to power an electric generator? What does that even mean? If you have electricity to power it, why would you need a generator?

I doubt you have a large wind turbines or small damn in your yard in Germantown. How many batteries would you need to run you house last year when the power was out in some parts of Memphis for two to three days?
Todd727,

Take a look at the last sentence in Jim's post: "Texas Javi, Ontario Dan and New Mexico Jerry made me post this." That should have been a "dead give-away" of his intentions....

As for having a small dam in the yard, I do, but so far, the chipmunks have been keeping the "squirrel cage behind the pole barn turning fast enough" and I've not yet had to rely on hydroelectric power. Hopefully the beaver family that built the dam won't cut down all my trees, but if they do, I can build a "steam generator" to replace the chipmunks powered by the left over wood... Those "pesky beaver" only eat the soft, tender shoots out of the treetops.... Wasteful critters, eh ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:44 AM   #25
Canoefire

Just another good reason not to visit California
Canoefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:49 AM   #26
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
I heard that within the last couple days, gasoline prices in California hit over $7.00 a gallon? I suppose there's more than one way keep people from using fossil fuel run machines! Make the fuel prices so high, no one can afford to buy it.

I find it funny, that a couple months ago, I saw (on an alternative new feed, not main-stream media), an article with photos of a woman who's "electric" car went dead on the edge of the road. The tow-truck or "rescue truck" that was recharging her car batteries was doing so with a diesel generator on the back of the truck!

Are people truly THAT stupid to think electricity can survive on solar and wind only?

My gosh California, get your head out of your .....
I haven't seen that price in my area, more like $4.00/gal. I have seen much higher prices up in the hills but its always been that way. IMO yes LOTS of the people out here are like lemmings, but I also see the start of awakening band push back...Monday was marked with parents keeping their kids out of school to protest the mask mandate...Trying to keep this post NON POLITICAL.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:52 AM   #27
Bamabox

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Why is it a problem swapping from a gasoline generator to an electric generator to protect the environment? We know that the entire world follows our lead. Gasoline generators are powered by fossil fuel and all electric generators are powered by massive wind turbines, hydro-electric power and solar panels attached to the brackets where the fuel tank was located.
In just a few years the entire world, China and South America included, will be following the lead of California.
Texas Javi, Ontario Dan and New Mexico Jerry made me post this.
Hahahahahahahahaha. Good one.

2015 Ram 3500 SLT 5.7 Hemi
Bamabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:54 AM   #28
skmct

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
CA has rolling blackouts now. In a few years every home and business will be allotted 5 hours of power every 10 days.
Rolling black outs will be come more often and the fires will have to burn themselves out. They can't keep the forests maintained now . They will never be able to carry enough batteries to clear for backfires. God bless all that live in California. How many lives will be lost before they see the errors of their methods.
skmct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:45 AM   #29
Bandit12

I moved to California over 15 years ago and live in the sane northeastern part of the state. Well. It's sane until the fires got here and burnt nearly the entire county. Last year the North Complex got within a mile of our home and this year the Dixie got within 5 miles. Why did I move here you ask? Well, I have one ex wife in Delaware, and another in North Carolina. If I got any farther west, I might have to start swimming. Got remarried 13 years ago to a wonder California born lady and we have had a blessed life together. All that said, we are looking long and hard at property in South Dakota, near the Black Hills. We hope to be moved out there in the next 2-3 years. I absolutely hate what California has become. It was bad under Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown and has gotten way worse under "Greasy" Gavin Newsom. Since the recall election failed, it's getting way more worse. Gender neutral toy sections required in stores, small engines being banned as soon as possible, illegal to buy ammo online or even in another state and bring it back to CA, sellers of ammo must have a license to sell and buyer must have a permit, gas prices skyrocketing, lowest priced diesel here in my home town is now $4.59/gal. As soon as my wife says she's ready to go, you'll see contrails coming off the back of my trailer as I head east.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #30
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
I moved to California over 15 years ago and live in the sane northeastern part of the state. Well. It's sane until the fires got here and burnt nearly the entire county. Last year the North Complex got within a mile of our home and this year the Dixie got within 5 miles. Why did I move here you ask? Well, I have one ex wife in Delaware, and another in North Carolina. If I got any farther west, I might have to start swimming. Got remarried 13 years ago to a wonder California born lady and we have had a blessed life together. All that said, we are looking long and hard at property in South Dakota, near the Black Hills. We hope to be moved out there in the next 2-3 years. I absolutely hate what California has become. It was bad under Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown and has gotten way worse under "Greasy" Gavin Newsom. Since the recall election failed, it's getting way more worse. Gender neutral toy sections required in stores, small engines being banned as soon as possible, illegal to buy ammo online or even in another state and bring it back to CA, sellers of ammo must have a license to sell and buyer must have a permit, gas prices skyrocketing, lowest priced diesel here in my home town is now $4.59/gal. As soon as my wife says she's ready to go, you'll see contrails coming off the back of my trailer as I head east.
All my exes live in Texas…that’s why I hang my hat in Tennessee

Good song that came to mind
Old 10-24-2021, 09:57 AM   #31
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
All my exes live in Texas…that’s why I hang my hat in Tennessee

Good song that came to mind
OK, in all honesty, I have 3 exes. The two I mentioned earlier and the third is 6 foot under in Texas. And for the record, the one in Texas was my first wife, and I was her #2 of 7 husbands. I'll let it go at that.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #32
Badbart56

All these states that are gonna solve all the world problems by eliminating internal combustion engines. Kinda like self driving trucks and cars. It's just not there yet folks! Don't know if it will ever be.

Washington (or Oregon, can't remember which) gonna ban the sale of diesel fuel in their state! OK! I won't deliver there anymore! Guess they showed me!

I know political post are not allowed here, but in all honesty, these subject lines are politically linked and we all know it. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't make it go away. And it's an insult to our intelligence to pretend otherwise.

But we live in this pretend world now and to risk offending someone, we must pretend with them or risk public shaming, lawsuits or being banned from the likes of Fakebook.

Has anyone seen the obituary for the First Amendment?! I missed it.....

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:33 AM   #33
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
I heard that within the last couple days, gasoline prices in California hit over $7.00 a gallon?
That’s only for one small town in CA who ALWAYS charges a higher price than the rest of the U.S. Next closest station to that town is 12 miles to the south and 40 miles to the north so they can charge what they want.
https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...JBTWEFNW5YWXI/
News agencies report the price of that single station every time the price of fuel starts to rise and everyone else jumps on the bandwagon. Stories need to be fact checked.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:40 AM   #34
fatcatzzz

Well I was going to say just make a trip to Home Depot in Reno, but these idiots will just use the ag staion to search for contraban weed eaters!
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:50 AM   #35
Badbart56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatzzz View Post
Well I was going to say just make a trip to Home Depot in Reno, but these idiots will just use the ag staion to search for contraban weed eaters!
Did you ever think you would see the day that "weed" was legal but weedeaters weren't?!

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 11:37 AM   #36
notanlines

Todd, all was said tongue in cheek. I should have stretched my humor a little farther and made it obvious. I believe you were looking at this thread with a little more seriousness than most. I just named those three because they are a small number of the rabble rousers that hang out here.
Most here try to enjoy their time, learn a little and give a little.
But be very wary of some of the Texans and a few from the Maryland shore! (Tongue in cheek warning)
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:19 PM   #37
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Looks like by 2024 you will no longer be able to purchase portable gas generators,lawn mowers ,weed eaters etc..everything under 25 hp must be zero emissions in California
Won’t be feasible to cut a large yard anymore unless you buy a $20000 compact tractor or a $10000 battery operated Tesla push lawn mower lol.
In today's good news for Californians who have to maintain tracts of landscaping, no future regulatory restrictions are foreseen on the possession of Bic lighters or bear urine.
Old 10-24-2021, 06:50 PM   #38
LERD

I noticed while watching that video, the host stared it was spark ignited engines under 25 hp. What about non spark ignited like diesel? Except how heavy would a weed whacker be with a DPF and a DEF tank?
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:49 AM   #39
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

I saw the Q&A after this was brought up and someone in the audience asked 'what about gensets' cuz well, california is close to having more blackout days than rainy ones annually. They said, use a battery to turn an electric motor to turn the generator.........

no one questioned it.......

There is no hope for the future.

I fully support any referendum cali might dream up to leave the union...
quaddriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:57 AM   #40
wegone

C'mon you all....it's just a matter of capturing the right energy source and harnessing it.

Just think of all the energy in takes every day to power the world, gravity, tidal movements, etc....
A battery just captures some of it in a very small amount, and stores it, until its needed.
We just need to figure out how to make a little power, do a lot more, like hydraulics use just a small amount of fluid, to lift heavy loads, or a transmission with gearing, can take a stable source of RPM, and covert it more efficiently to task....

LOOK, the folks pegged ( not sure why.... ) with running our country might very well supply the answers to much of this, as they are full of wind, expending much of it when no one asked, and goodness, they are just loaded with methane.

Of note: I was working the 787 program at Boeing when the lithium-ion battery went rogue. I am not a expert on the matter, but I can tell you that these batteries can cause lots of problems when they fail, and they will...

In a sense, we are talking fusion technology, the same basis as nuclear power, putting elements together that are not fond of each other, and trying to harness that power.....gee, what can go wrong?
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, generator