Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #1
wiredgeorge

DISH TV offering internet plan

Dish is offering an internet data plan w/hotspot for RVers. This one seems a tad different than others I have seen as it connects to whichever phone carrier signal is the strongest and they have data plans (a bit pricey) up to 800 gigs a month. Might be of interest to you travelers or those working from your camper.

https://get.dishformyrv.com/internet...ource=hs_email
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
RickV

That looks interesting I wonder if it can be deactivated when you are not traveling kinda like dish for my rv.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:47 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

It appears to be a new program and you would best call them for that detail. I just dropped Dish TV and was going to join the Dish for My RV but basically you pay a month and if you don't use that month, just lose it. If you use 3 or 4 days during the month the monthly charge covers the entire month and you have 25-26 days of paid and not used television. After some digging, my phone service has us on unlimited (35 gigs then throttle) and I can use a hot spot so will likely use my Consumer Cellular data and a Roku. We switched from Dish to streaming (Hulu Live). The hot spot plan is yet untested. CC now offers 5G so might look into upgrading the phone if that would be worth it.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 02:24 AM   #4
RickV

We both have 75gb data plans with Verizon and do a lot of streaming when on the road. Depending on the weather we have actually almost maxed and went into the dreaded reduced data speeds this past trip with the oppressive heat in the Northwest and days of rain in Western North Carolina. I also have Dish at home and a Pathway X2 for the 5er. Back in June while on the road my 2 year "Special Pricing" with Dish expired if I had been home I probably would switched to a streaming service. They offered me the same deal for two more years and I took it and there is a penalty for early dropping so I am kinda stuck for another year and a half. All that being said we looked at that deal and while it would be a good that it is not tied to one provider and claims to use the provider with the best signal locally we have found very few places where Verizon's signal wasn't good. After looking at their pricing we are better off price wise just streaming or hotspoting our phones as we are paying $55 a month per phone and have a total of 150 gb before we aree "Trotted Down".

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish