Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
overdrive

Keystone Western edition

so i finally have my 2013 hideout ( western edition)at home!!! i love everything about it so far. one of my problems is with the owners manual it is not specific to my model and doesnt tell you how to operate ANYTHING, it does tell you what not to do im guessing to cover themselfs in the warranty dept. my other issue is i cant find any info online as the model of keystone seems to be only in western canada ? this isnt a compliant ,maybe just fishing for more info on my trailer (model). i have learnt alot from this site and am very thankfull for every bit.
overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Overdrive,

Keystone has not produced a model specific owner's manual for any of their products (to my knowledge) All they have is the "generic" manual that you probably have already. Every one of your appliances, your axles, the slide mechanism and even the water pump, propane regulator, toilet, etc should have owner's manuals that were included in the owner's packet. If you are missing them, contact your dealer or get the model numbers for each of these items and search online for a manual.

I'm not aware of anything available from Keystone other than the owner's manual that is available at the Keystone RV website in the customer service section. If you want to look at it to see if it's any more detailed than what you were provided, here's the link: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s.../owners-manual

You may want to look in your package and see if you have the Keystone "build sheet" which is a two page document listing every item in your RV that is tracked individually. This includes all the appliances, tires, axles, etc. Each is listed on this document by model and serial number. It's a very valuable source document to keep in a safe place.

If you have any specific quesitons regarding operation or maintenance of your RV that you can't find answers to either in the manual or using the search feature here, then feel free to ask for help. There's a "bizillion" years of Keystone RV experience lurking around "these parts"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

As JRTJH pointed out, the Keystone manual is generic - "one size fits all" and it won't tell you how to operate any of the various systems. Hopefully, when you did your walk through and pre-delivery inspection at the dealership, you inquired about how "everything works" or were shown how most (some, a few ??) things work.

Keystone does have some models that are described as being "Western" and "Eastern" with floorplans and features that are slightly different in each. It also seems that some models are only available in one of these two areas.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
KanTC

Overdrive,

Congratulations on your new Hideout! You didn't say which model number but the list of features
& info for the "west coast" models is shown here: http://www.keystonerv.com/hideout/#/features
Click on the 'west' tab arrow in each category.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote