Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
alanbonita

Landing gear problem with '10 Everest

The electric landing gear circuit blows the 30 amp in line fuse at times. The first time I used the manual crank to extend the landing gear to attach to truck, within the first few cranks the bracket (Made by 'Venture MFG Co') broke as the 'plastic' pegs that hold it in place just broke off.

We would really like to know if anyone else has experienced this. Also where can I order a part to repair it myself. Since I did not buy the RV in the area we now live, all the dealers are 'too busy to help us since we didn't buy from them'!
alanbonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Yes, there have been a number of other members who occasionally blow a landing gear fuse. The cause is almost always the same ---- over-extending the mechanism beyond its reach. You may have tried to either raise or lower the legs too far and the fuse pops.

Try putting a mark of some sort -- tape, paint, felt marker - about 2 inches or so above and below its maximum extension or reach and stop there. Don't try to get every last inch out of it or you will blow the fuse.

Not sure about where you can obtain parts. Did you go to the manufacturer's website or give them a call?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
alanbonita

Landing gear part for 2010 Everest

Thanks to help from Festus2, I am on the way to repairing my landing gear problem.

The mounting bracket for the landing gear motor broke the first time I tried to hand crank the unit up.

After I removed the mounting bracket from the RV and then the motor I found the part number on the side you can not see when installed. It is made by Venture Mfg Co, I believe in Ohio, I found them on the internet. Their phone# 866-365-1957, Pam the receptionest handled the order and was very proffessional.

The part number on the damaged part is VMC940RB-344005. The new part number is: VMC940-41. My part is plastic, she said the new part is made out of aluminum, as it is a stronger piece now, so appearently they found out it needed to be strenghtened. The cost is $55 plus UPS ground shipping. They will ask for your email so they can send you the tracking information.

This forum has worked well for me, hope it can help you also. alanbonita
alanbonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Rock7

Landing gear fuse problems

Dealer gave me a 30 amp in-line breaker. Took about 10 min,to remove fuse holder and install breaker
Rock7 is offline   Reply With Quote