Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
sdsmom

Dinette, Couch Slide Frame

Hi, we just bought a used 2006 Keystone Zeppelin. We were having problems with the board at the bottom of the couch dragging when we brought our slide in. This weekend it completely fell off. We camped the weekend and brought our slide in to head home. When we got home, we found that the table top from our dinette had broken off and the dinette and couch (both in slide) had separated from the frame! There were basically screws attaching the dinette and couch to the wall and they had completely pulled out. Has anyone else had this problem? The previous owners had an extended warranty which I was planning on transferring but I'm not even sure this would be covered. Thanks for any suggestions.
sdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
rhagfo

Have you checked for rot?
If it doesn't have rot the slide may be out of adjestment and traveling out too far. Not too sure what would cause the table top to come off
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
sdsmom

Thanks for the suggestions! We did not see any rot. It seems when the slide is in, there isn't any support. When the slide is out, you can't even tell there is a problem. Just when the slide is in. Almost like it needs to be lifted or supported from the bottom when the slide is in. My husband is going to reattach everything with bigger screws in the existing holes this weekend and see how it works.
sdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsmom View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! We did not see any rot. It seems when the slide is in, there isn't any support. When the slide is out, you can't even tell there is a problem. Just when the slide is in. Almost like it needs to be lifted or supported from the bottom when the slide is in. My husband is going to reattach everything with bigger screws in the existing holes this weekend and see how it works.
We had a similar problem with our dinette booths coming loose too. I took out the screws and with the slide out I reattached the screws in new spots. The problem is they use short screws but they use them for a reason. If you put longer screws in make sure they don't come through the bottom of the ply floor of the slide out. If they come through the floor they can catch on the carpet or tile and make it to where you will end up repairing or replacing it. The longer screws can also damage the bottom seal or catch on the plastic seat that the floor drops into where the main floor is cut out.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, collapse, dinette, frame, slide