Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2022, 06:59 AM   #41
Cldicaprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
If you have a multimeter and know how to use it you can find this issue pretty quickly..your issue is either with a splice junction plug or one of the load wires that is piggy backed in the chain of outlets frame one to the next

The protected outlets that are labeled are fed from one gfci.. measure the load side of that gfci to see if there is 120 volts .

If yes then start working the chain of self contained protected outlets that are not working one by one till you find where the 120 volts disappears

If you don’t have a meter then it’s a guessing game and I don’t like to guess
My husband knows how to do this, but can’t find his meter naturally! Guess I need to go get him one!! Thank you!!!!
Cldicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 07:11 AM   #42
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldicaprio View Post
My husband knows how to do this, but can’t find his meter naturally! Guess I need to go get him one!! Thank you!!!!

They are cheap and you can get them at many places. Like potato chips, ones not enough. I pulled mine in the house a few days ago; 5 of them. RV; 2.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:04 AM   #43
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
If you have a multimeter and know how to use it you can find this issue pretty quickly..your issue is either with a splice junction plug or one of the load wires that is piggy backed in the chain of outlets frame one to the next

The protected outlets that are labeled are fed from one gfci.. measure the load side of that gfci to see if there is 120 volts .

If yes then start working the chain of self contained protected outlets that are not working one by one till you find where the 120 volts disappears

If you don’t have a meter then it’s a guessing game and I don’t like to guess
Have 1 in the house, 1 in my little shop & had one in the rv that's now in a box for the next rv.
Harbor Freight gave them away at one time with a purchase, although not the best meter but for around the house/rv they worked fine, a bona fide electrician wouldn't get caught dead with it though, & it was FREE!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 05:19 AM   #44
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Have 1 in the house, 1 in my little shop & had one in the rv that's now in a box for the next rv.
Harbor Freight gave them away at one time with a purchase, although not the best meter but for around the house/rv they worked fine, a bona fide electrician wouldn't get caught dead with it though, & it was FREE!
Yep, Back when Harbor Freight was giving away a free something with a coupon on every visit, I wound up with about 10 or 12 of their red voltmeters. They're excellent for RV use, and if it gets wet, something falls on it or you leave it on a picnic table at a campsite, you don't feel the need to turn around, drive 50 miles and hope it's still sitting there.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 06:05 AM   #45
flybouy
Site Team

Funny, I have so many duplicates of some things like soldering irons. If I couldn't find it (or my BIL borrowed it AGAIN) I'd just buy one as they used to be cheap. I guess if you count the 50 year old "engine analizer" which was an analog dwell, volt, dc amp and ohm meter I have 3 multimeters.

I keep my quality meter in my tool box in the garage and when my 50+ year old Amprobe clamp on amp meter finally died I bought the HF one as a replacement. It lives in the truck tool box.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:50 PM   #46
wendel83

I’m currently having the same issue. What was your final resolution to your problem?
wendel83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 07:13 PM   #47
Cldicaprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendel83 View Post
I’m currently having the same issue. What was your final resolution to your problem?
We started going through the outlets from the back forward checking for anything loose- The outlet next to the toilet in the bathroom had a loose wire. Thankfully, an easy fix!
Cldicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 07:24 PM   #48
wendel83

Thank you!
wendel83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine