Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2022, 10:45 AM   #1
reiddo1

Indentations in front panel

During the winter I covered my Springdale FWRLLS 247 with a factory cover. To cover it up I took the cover and unrolled it on the roof of the trailer from front to back and then let the ends fall down around the trailer. I used the straps and ropes supplied with the cover to secure the cover in place.

I had two problems from using the cover. Firstly penetrations and tears at sharp corners. That was cured by using foam to round out the sharp edges. Now my cover can easily be used for ar least another winter.

Secondly I have dents at the roof line on the front where the aluminum or fibreglass cover meets the roof. I have yet to determine whether it is aluminum or fibreglass but I do know it is really thin. Functionally these dents do not cause a problem; aesthetically however they do. These dents are very shallow and can only be seen up close. Does anyone have any idea how to remove these without causing further damage.

I assume the dents were caused by me being too far ahead on the roof when I was spreading the cover initially.

2012 Keystone Springdale 247FRLLS
reiddo1 is offline   Reply With Quote