Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2022, 01:05 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Danny, this is my installation not Karen’s. The reason the Valve end is under the floor is it was just too tight to place above the floor. I was worried that the release ring would contact the floor and release the PEX!
The cargo door to access the valve is on door side of the 5er, it is like five steps.

Sorry Russ. Tow lag must be setting in. Saw the first pic from Karen showing the location of the pex/toilet and color of the floor then saw the one with the mod and looked like it had been done; didn't even think/remember that you had posted your mod as well.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:52 PM   #22
KarenK

I used flex faucet tubing and a sharkbite stop valve. Tomorrow I dump the antifreeze and test it. Considered taking the toilet off so I get a better grip and make sure the stop valve is seated all the way on. Hard to work around the toilet but I did mark it at an inch and just smidge shy of that but don't remember any clicking sound to it. Working with one hand wrapped up at the moment, 1st thumb joint at wrist is acting up again.

Washed the roof this morning before it got windy, one vent cover needs replacing, Have a spare here somewhere. Bought some dicor for roof seams and vents. What is best to scrub or wipe clean just the seams, denatured alcohol? Does that evaporate quickly? Not pouring it liberally, using a rag or small brush to prep. Cleaned the A/C cover and filter on the inside, will do the fins on roof with spray on ordered.

First outing in 9 days. Thanks for the help everyone.
Past
2006 Springdale 280 FWIKL-GL
1997 Jayco 253
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:04 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

I just use the alcohol. Wet a rough cloth and scrub away. Be careful of what you use; I avoid petroleum distillates. The alcohol does evaporate quite quickly. Don't know the situation of the roof sealing but pay particular attention to the front and rear seams/transition strips of the roof. If you get on the sides (vertical) use the non leveling Dicor vs self leveling or it will run right down the side.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:45 AM   #24
KarenK

The fun never ends. Have 2 rigs to flush the antifreeze out from, first one no problem. Filled the water tank enough to have water to clean with, and then selling it. On to the newer one. Using the fresh water tank so I can turn off the pump if needed. Check the kitchen faucet, leaks. Think I forgot to tightened up the water lines, drains okay. They didn't have the sink tightened down but had put a new faucet on it. Seal up the fittings with teflon tape, still leaks. Have the hubs take a look, internal leak.

There is plenty of antifreeze in the lines and they gave me the receipt from their inspection and having it winterized. However, they did leave some water in the fresh tank which I found when we got it home.

Online a minute to order a new faucet, did get the vent cover changed out. Didn't look at the toilet yet, have that valve off right now.
Past
1997 Jayco 253
Old 05-10-2022, 09:12 AM   #25
chuckster57
Site Team

You most likely need new swivel seals on the faucet lines. Available at most any box box hardware store.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:05 AM   #26
KarenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
You most likely need new swivel seals on the faucet lines. Available at most any box box hardware store.
It was a cheap china faucet ($45), two handles, the leak was in the brass horizontal piece inside the base. Faucet lines were good. Ordered a one handle with only vertical lines. After I ordered it with a delivery date 1-2 days before I leave found Wally world had a seller that claimed they could deliver by this Thursday so ordered that one too. Will return the last one that shows up.

Off to remove a under shelf mounted fan and mount a table in the springdale.
Past
1997 Jayco 253
Old 05-10-2022, 11:30 AM   #27
chuckster57
Site Team

Sounds like your a busy person b

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 03:57 PM   #28
KarenK

Was able to leak check the fittings today after putting a new kitchen faucet. Happy there are no leaks in the kitchen or by the toilet. Yeah! Also got 3 max air II covers put on today. Finally feels like I'm gaining on it.

Another question for you. Is it safe to figure the slide out floor is at least 1/2 inch plywood. I can see an 1/8th top layer under the carpet. Need to screw down the table base. It is predrilled at the center and going to countersink 2 more on each end since the chairs will be strapped to the table for travel. Never dealt with a free standing table/chairs before.

As always, thank you all!
Past
1997 Jayco 253

Tags
dometic, toilet, water