Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #1
Darril

Montana 2015 roof

Does warranty on roof stay with the original buyer or is it roller over
Darril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Are you asking about the warranty on the membrane? If so I believe the 10 yrs doesn’t end with just original purchaser.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 05:06 PM   #3
Darril

That is what I was wondering. Thank you
Old 12-25-2021, 06:17 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

DICOR and Alpha Systems have similar warranty documents. This is the warranty from Alpha Systems for their TPO membrane:

1. Warranty. This Limited Warranty from Alpha Systems LLC. (“Alpha”) applies solely to the original retail purchaser of a
finished product (“Product”') that includes a roof membrane supplied by Alpha (the “Alpha Roof Membrane”). Alpha warrants to
the original retail purchaser (the “Purchaser”) that for a period of eighteen (18) years from the original purchase date of the
Product, the Alpha Roof Membrane shall be free from defects in materials that cause the Alpha Roof Membrane to degrade,
deteriorate, or dry rot. This Limited Warranty is non-transferable. The Limited Warranty is a performance based warranty and
does not cover the appearance of the Alpha Roof Membrane. Alpha is a supplier to the RV Industry and does not install the roof
membrane.

I took the liberty to change the color on one sentence so it's easier for you to locate.... DICOR's warranty includes the same "non-transferable" clause...

The roof membrane warranty is ONLY available to the original purchaser. There is no "manufacturer's warranty on a used trailer roof" since you wouldn't be the original purchaser.

You can access the Alpha Systems website here: https://alphallc.us/products/roofing/ and the DICOR website here: https://dicorproducts.com/product/br...roof-membrane/

So, the roofing warranty ends when the original purchaser sells the trailer or trades it in.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 06:21 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Guess I was wrong…not the first time and I doubt it will be the last.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 12-25-2021, 06:37 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

The only reason I'm "aware of the small print" is that we had a new roof installed on our Springdale and then immediately traded it in on the Cougar. I told the dealer about the new roof, trying to get a better trade-in. His comment was, "Makes no difference in trade, the warranty is not transferrable"... Seemed strange to me, a brand new roof and no warranty, so I got on the DICOR website to see for myself... Both Alpha Systems and DICOR have non-transferrable warranty on their TPO and EPDM roofing membrane.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 07:04 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Thanks for the clarification, I would have thought it would have been transferable.

Old 12-26-2021, 02:38 AM   #8
Darril

Bummer

A great warranty but does me no good then. Thanks for all the help in understanding this

Tags
montana, roof