Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2021, 11:29 AM   #1
harleybud2

Angry Dometic DFMD35121

I have an 2021 Avalanche 390DS, I’m the first owner and last night was the first time we tried the heater. It would fire up and run for a few minutes then shut off and you would hear a clicking noise from the thermostat and a noise from the unit that I can only describe as a kid going pew pew lol. I can turn it off and back on with exactly the thing happening again. Anyone else have this problem?
harleybud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:52 AM   #2
Marinerjoe

Dumb question, but is your propane turned on? And have you bled the air out of the lines by lighting a burner on your stove?
Marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #3
harleybud2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerjoe View Post
Dumb question, but is your propane turned on? And have you bled the air out of the lines by lighting a burner on your stove?
Yeah you can hear it fire up and go, and I just switched tanks last week. We have on demand hot water and me and the wife showered this morning so that tells me there was enough in there last night. I can always try the other tank tonight and see if maybe there wasn’t enough pressure. I thought about the bleeding due to air and can try that, we have been living in it for about 3 months but this is the first time using heat.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:16 PM   #4
jsb5717

One of the things it might be is the propane regulator. We were having a similar issue with our furnace and the new regulator solved it. Your furnace has a high demand for propane flow and if the regulator isn't delivering enough the furnace will fail. The other propane appliances will still work just fine since their volume demand is lower. Just a thought...
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:23 PM   #5
harleybud2

That makes a lot of sense, I will turn on the other tank and try, it’s under warranty but the place I bought it from shouldn’t be in business, after the purchase they don’t return calls or help, I found a new company local and will call them Monday. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2021, 03:31 PM   #6
travelin texans

Open the second bottle valve very slowly til you hear the gas pass by, there's a rapid release valve in the bottle that will activate if opened too quickly.
Also there's been a recall on regulators, yours may be in that group. Honestly I'd buy a Marshall Excelsior brand & submit for reimbursement if yours happens to in the recall group.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:08 AM   #7
harleybud2

No luck

Okay tried that with no luck, it fires up and blows warm air for a few minutes then shuts down and you hear clicking noise in the thermostat and a “ pew~pew” noise at the unit.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:56 AM   #8
ChuckS

The clicking noise in the tstat is a relay clicking... Since the furnace blower is running and the sail switch and Hi Limit switch appear to be ok ... otherwise you would never have furnace fire off then Id be looking at the furnace igniter gap and furnace control board... If the flame sensor cant detect a flame it will shut down.. If the furnace control module has an issue same thing...

If the propane tank regulator isn't allowing enough volume of propane to flow.. even though tanks are full then furnace will "flame out" so to speak

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:01 AM   #9
ChuckS

Link to the service manual.. you may be able to use this and further TS your issue... The Dometic/Atwood furnace control board has an LED on it.. if you can get access to it read the LED code it flashes to further isolate your issue

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...anual-2015.pdf

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic