Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2021, 03:25 PM   #41
sourdough
Site Team

OK, for those that have this step; I've had a tab open since I saw the first video thinking I was going to order one. Discussed it with DW, looked at the other pics and still have a question which is probably a bit difficult to answer since we're all different.

The answer will depend on tire size I know but about how HIGH is that step off the ground? Looked at the videos/pics, especially that from Courser Farm trying to gauge just how high up that step is. MY (our) problem will be 1)we're short and 2) my knees do not bend anything like they used to due to so many cuttings. I think I'll get one but wanted to sort of touch base before possibly wasting the money. We use a plastic step right now and access everything from the tailgate. The truck steps (full length) don't get us high enough to do much of anything in the bed. My tires are 285/60R20.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:00 PM   #42
UKLimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
OK, for those that have this step; I've had a tab open since I saw the first video thinking I was going to order one. Discussed it with DW, looked at the other pics and still have a question which is probably a bit difficult to answer since we're all different.

The answer will depend on tire size I know but about how HIGH is that step off the ground? Looked at the videos/pics, especially that from Courser Farm trying to gauge just how high up that step is. MY (our) problem will be 1)we're short and 2) my knees do not bend anything like they used to due to so many cuttings. I think I'll get one but wanted to sort of touch base before possibly wasting the money. We use a plastic step right now and access everything from the tailgate. The steps (full length) don't get us high enough to do much of anything in the bed. My tires are 285/60R20.
I have one and I only used it once. One reason was it was a little heavy, and the other reason is that it does indeed sit a little too high for me on my RAM 2500. With 2 knee surgeries and my age it is difficult to step up that high.

I have kept it though, In a box in the bed, as it will be handy if I ever need to reach stuff in the engine compartment other than fluid checks!
Our Website
UKLimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:35 PM   #43
Todd727

On a dually, step on the rim (make sure the valve stem isn't going to get kicked) then step on the tire. Always there and nothing to clutter bed or forget to remove from tire.
Old 10-03-2021, 07:30 PM   #44
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post

The answer will depend on tire size I know but about how HIGH is that step off the ground? Looked at the videos/pics, especially that from Courser Farm trying to gauge just how high up that step is. MY (our) problem will be 1)we're short and 2) my knees do not bend anything like they used to due to so many cuttings. I think I'll get one but wanted to sort of touch base before possibly wasting the money. We use a plastic step right now and access everything from the tailgate. The truck steps (full length) don't get us high enough to do much of anything in the bed. My tires are 285/60R20.
The one I had there were about 6 different settings available by pushing the spring loaded buttons to adjust with lowest a bit higher than a normal step.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:59 AM   #45
LHaven

All those posters unsure of whether or not they would like or be able to use the step should be aware that Amazon offers a 30-day return on the item... so if you can't climb it, or don't like it, send it back.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #46
Mr Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courser Farm View Post
Update as promised! My doubting hubs says he really likes it!! And I do too. It came today and it is ready to put on the tire and start climbing. No assembly required! Which is always good for one of us who hates to read directions.
I bought mine at Cabela's 20 years ago, love it!
Old 10-05-2021, 02:31 PM   #47
sourdough
Site Team

I decided to order one and what in the world?? I'm leaving in the AM for 4 days and Amazon tells me it would be here in 2!! Holy Moly, actual 2 day delivery!! I thought that went the day of the dodo bird since they gave us covid. Guess I'll wait until I get back to order it.

I am assuming from what I have seen in videos and pics plus read that the height is adjustable??
Old 10-05-2021, 03:08 PM   #48
Courser Farm

Yes Danny and Susan. It has 3 or 4 easy adjustment holes. Pic of my boss is on the third or fourth one. He’s 5’10 and likes to reach “everything” from it.
Former Horse Campers Ready for New Experiences!
Courser Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #49
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courser Farm View Post
Yes Danny and Susan. It has 3 or 4 easy adjustment holes. Pic of my boss is on the third or fourth one. He’s 5’10 and likes to reach “everything” from it.
Thank you for confirming.