Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2021, 04:50 PM   #1
khasay12

Cougar RLSWE Water Heater Problem

I have a 2015 Keystone Cougar RLSWE equipped with a Suburban SW6DE water heater. My previous RV also had a gas/electric DSI water heater and there was a switch for gas or electric in the cabin and another switch on the water heater. This RV only has one switch in the cabin and it is labeled DSI Water Heater. There is another switch on the water heater. When I turn the DSI switch on in the cabin the electric component works. But I can't get the the gas to work.

Also, assuming they worked properly, what would be the setting for electric only, gas only, or both.
khasay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

The inside switch that says DSI is for the propane operation. The switch on the outside lower left corner is for the electric element.

When you turn on the I/S switch does a red light illuminate and then go out? If it does that’s the proper operation. The light is for “failed to light”.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:47 PM   #3
khasay12

You are absolutely right. The switch on the heater is for electric only and the DSI is for gas. It works great. There was a red light initially when I turned on the DSI switch and it went off after the unit lite up. Thank you.

One other question. The specs say the RV has a 76 gallon gray water tank but there is a check light on the panel inside the cabin for for two gray tanks (galley and another). There is only a drain valve for gray. I assume that there are two 38 gallon tanks that are interconnected.
khasay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:56 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Climb underneath and I bet you’ll find another pull handle somewhere.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, heat, heater, water, water heater