Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2021, 04:40 PM   #1
KF7MAX

Hydro Ram Slider issues.

Really is this how they should look... When we bought our Avalanche 365 there was some initial slide adjustments that the dealer took care of.

We went to the coast about a month ago and when we came back the Kitchen slider did not go out all the way after setup.

About an inch gap in the seals on the right hand side….I thought maybe low on hydro fluid, but that did not help. Checked underneath, found this in Pic#1 I manually turned the slider mechanism…(square rod with gears) to move the slider out all the way and seal things up.

The bracket appears to be threaded with the threads engaging that?
I say that because when the ram goes in and out, the thread part does
not slide through the bracket hole. Dont think they will hold up very long that way.

I take it those nuts should be locked together and up against the bracket so that the small amount of threading in the bracket does not take the full weight. And I assume (maybe incorrectly?) that the nut on the right side should be up on the other side of the bracket.
I then checked the dining area slider and saw this. Picture #2

How should these look, I have done some searches and keep coming up with your dealer should fix those...leave them alone, etc etc. I have worked on hydo systems on farm machines, etc. So I know about over travel extension and other stuff...at this point I do not trust the dealer... I sent their tech the pics, got no response, called and he was on vacation, that was a month ago, mm still on vacation as of yesterday.
His backup wanted me to send the pics and bring the RV in...oh but it will be a few weeks till we get to it.....sorry but we will be on the road.

Any advice on next steps.
Pic #1 Kitchen
Pic #2 Dining area
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	34823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	34824  
KF7MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:15 AM   #2
ChuckS

This is very simple to fix.. you MUST HAVE some free play travel on the end of the threaded hud piston for proper close and open sealing of seals

This link explains how to easily adjust your open/close positions of the thru the frame hyd slide out

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001616.pdf

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #3
KF7MAX

Thank you, this is what I needed.... all good to go now.
..Max
KF7MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:09 AM   #4
ChuckS

Glad you got the slides all adjusted.. the hydraulic slide outs rarely require adjustment if the6 are adjusted properly the first time and if the double nut is tight on the other side of the threaded piston

In 8 years I’ve adjusted one of my main hydraulic slide outs and that was after I installed UHMW strips to repair torn Darco slide bottom covering

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide