Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2020, 07:47 AM   #1
Karl B.

2019 Fuzion 369 Furnace

I'm a new member to this forum and need help!
My family purchased a 2019 Fuzion 369 last March. I've had several issues with the unit such as Fridge replacement, Dump valves labeled wrong and leaking through(found out the hard way, but no big deal), gas leak on the oven, etc.... Now I am having issues with my furnace. The thermostat on the In-Command system is set on 69-70. We were camping in the Smoky Mountains last week and the temp dipped down into the upper 40's. I woke up and the camper was at 61 and my wife was freezing! I turned the furnace off and back on again. The furnace blower is kicking on and the gas to the heater is kicking on also and putting out heat. However, it will only run for a minute or two and kick back off and be no where near where the thermostat is set to. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Karl B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I've had that scenario happen a few times; two times it was a bad control board and once I put a insect screen over the furnace exhaust causing it to overheat and the limit switch cut it off. However I've never had InCommand so it may be the culprit as well.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #3
ChuckS

Couple of things you can check... the propane furnace is controlled via Zone 1 air conditioner control module gateway...

The in command sends signal to zone 1 control to initiate furnace on... furnace temp inside is sensed via remote temp sensor usually located in LR area...

Either you have an issue with the remote temp sensor, the zone 1 gateway, or the hi limit switch on the furnace itself could be opening up thus shutting down the furnace before set temp is achieved

I’d reseat the remote temp sensor connection on the roof on zone 1 AC unit.. I’d also remove the cover on that remote temp sensor and turn furnace on and if you feel hot air blowing in from behind the temp sensor it is affecting its ability to sense true room temp

You can also try reseating BCM to display commander modular plugs ... any intermittent connection from BCM to DC.. display commander up to air conditioner control modules will affect in command system operation as it communicates across CANBUS for everything

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:33 PM   #4
ChuckS

I’d also review this Keyatone service bulletin regarding issues with gateways.. sounds like you have one of those affected by a bad gateway

See file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Keystone SB for Dometic Gateway.pdf (533.1 KB, 456 views)
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #5
Karl B.

Thanks for the information! Greatly appreciated!
Karl B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #6
Fuzion1278

Karl B

Chuck S is all over it, as in he absolutely understands this unit. The only other couple of things I could think of, because I recently pulled my furnace and repaired it myself because two dealers could not, is the main board in the furnace itself could be bad or the "sail switch", (air proving switch).

A good site on You Tube is "My RV Works" The gentleman who does these videos on RV furnaces is an excellent RV mechanic and he really helps you understand the inner workings of the furnace system, and many other RV systems.

The trouble I found was it takes a lot of time, some test instruments, and a good understanding of the system. I have an HVAC background which helped tremendously.

Good Luck - They can be be frustrating
Fuzion1278 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, fuzion