Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #1
kmkirby2006

Furrion refrigerator only worked using gas mode

I have a new Keystone Hideout LHS 272. We took it out for the first time this weekend. Our Furrion Refrigerator is a 2 way. AC and Gas. I had it set on auto while plugged into shore power. It was not cooling. So I switched to gas and it worked fine. The day we did our walk through the dealer has it on auto and it was working. Has anyone else had this experience? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
kmkirby2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #2
meaz93*

KM....I have a 2018 Outback and run into the same issue. I'm sort of used to it by now. My right side refrigerator works fine on auto, but the left refrigerator acts up>most times I have to push to gas mode?
I've had it into my Dealership on several occassions; everytime they said their was no mechanical failure.
Get this......the left side frig is a 2017 model and the right side is a 2018?
Again my Dealership & Keystone would not replace the 2017 version. I was told by my service rep tech that sometimes depending on parts available at the factory....they use what they have.
It is what it is....love the trailer and both sides work, one just works better most times on the gas feature.
PS....I discovered this on the walk through and pushed to have it replaced-Keystone & Dealership said no can do.
Good luck with yours.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200504-182233_Facebook.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	27552
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:27 AM   #3
kmkirby2006

Thanks for the input. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and report the problem. I will let you know what they say. Enjoy your Memorial Day
kmkirby2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
meaz93*

You too KM!
Old 05-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm not familiar with the Furrion refrigerator systems, but you might want to check the control board in the back lower vent area of the refrigerator. There are probably a couple of fuses on that board. One will be for AC operation (if the system is similar to Dometic or Norcold control systems)...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:08 AM   #6
meaz93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
You too KM!
Should have stated mine are not Furrion but Domestic units. TV is a Furrion as well as factory back up Camera.
Hope you have a better outcome[emoji106]
Old 05-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'm not familiar with the Furrion refrigerator systems, but you might want to check the control board in the back lower vent area of the refrigerator. There are probably a couple of fuses on that board. One will be for AC operation (if the system is similar to Dometic or Norcold control systems)...
That’s what I’m thinking. Haven’t run into a Furrion refer yet.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #8
MarkEHansen

For the fridge to work on electricity, it will have 2 power sources: 12V for the control board and 120V for the heating element. I don't have specifics for your fridge, but usually the heating element gets its power from a 120V outlet in the outside compartment. If you open the outer panel, you should see a 120V power cord plugged into a 120V outlet.

In some installations, this outlet is powered on the same circuit as the GFCI outlet(s) inside the trailer. If the "upstream" GFCI outlet is tripped, you may not have power to your fridge.

First thing I would do is check the power at that "fridge" 120V outlet using a multimeter. If it has no power, then you can start looking for a cause (like a tripped breaker, or a tripped GFCI outlet, etc.)
Old 05-26-2020, 02:02 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkirby2006 View Post
I have a new Keystone Hideout LHS 272. We took it out for the first time this weekend. Our Furrion Refrigerator is a 2 way. AC and Gas. I had it set on auto while plugged into shore power. It was not cooling. So I switched to gas and it worked fine. The day we did our walk through the dealer has it on auto and it was working. Has anyone else had this experience? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Just out of curiosity what size and model number is that fridge? I ask because I've never heard of a Furrion fridge and when I pull their product line up I don't find anything that runs on AC and gas. I find 110vac and 12vdc but no combos. They do tout their 12vdc unit saying how much improved it is over the gas absorption technology so I'm wondering if they actually are using that as well??
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:12 PM   #10
Avalanche80601

KM Kirby,

I had the same issue - first time out. I purchased my 2019 in Oct. and just recently took it out. I was able to start the fridge on propane, but when I was ready to plug in at the campsite... No A/C power, just a beeping warning A/C power not available.

I pulled the fuse panel cover and noticed my breakers for the fridge and water heater were in the "Off" position. (possibly part of winterizing from the dealer.)

Flipped the breaker "On" and problem solved.
Avalanche80601 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, mod