Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #61
wroseblock

How did you attach the strips? I just received the umhw today and just curious how you attached yours. If you used screws, how many did you use?
wroseblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #62
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wroseblock View Post
How did you attach the strips? I just received the umhw today and just curious how you attached yours. If you used screws, how many did you use?
I used 3/16 6 inch strips I cut from 2x4 sheet. I drilled and counter sunk the small 1 inch screws. The material is really stiff and could have gotten away with half the screws and One strip on each end don’t forget to silicone the outsides to keep water from getting under the strip.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #63
bearcat77

Got my Montana HC back today. Just to recap, I reported the issue about 3 days before my warranty expired and dropped the unit off at the dealer about 3 weeks later. Dealer had it for about 2.5 months although I’m sure the holidays can be blamed for a couple of those weeks.

Keystone paid for 6 hours of labor and replaced the Darco, the slide room rollers, the carpet under the slide room, the wear bar under the slide room, and added 5 slides plates (part number 538867).
bearcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:09 PM   #64
Gwebb2762

Acuslide

I have a keystone bullet 2016. Went to deploy slide out and shuck the whole trailer... noticed it sounds like it on the top of the slide not the bottom seeing that it retracts just fine. I’ve ordered some rollers for the bottom and ordered new gearbox as well. Not sure if this will do the job. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Gwebb2762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:30 AM   #65
wroseblock

Do you have cable slides? If so there shouldn't be anything on the top causing problems other than the cables possibly binding. I installed the umhw strips and my slides move much smother and no additional wear on my darco.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:53 PM   #66
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by wroseblock View Post
I installed the umhw strips and my slides move much smother and no additional wear on my darco.
I think we may be interested in in your umhw strips. Do you have a link to those?

Thanks
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #67
wroseblock

Here is the link that was provided to me through this site, very quick delivery. https://www.eplastics.com/accessorie...60X-1-000X25FT. On the previous pages of this thread you can see the best way to attach the strips.

Tags
slide