Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
hornetmech

Springdale packages

Last Sunday the wife and I bought a 2020 Springdale 280BHWE. It included the 20th Anniversary Package, Next Level Package, Arctic Package and the Pacific Package. I can find details for all the packages EXCEPT for the Pacific Package. Does anyone know what is included in this package?
hornetmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
Fliehigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetmech View Post
Last Sunday the wife and I bought a 2020 Springdale 280BHWE. It included the 20th Anniversary Package, Next Level Package, Arctic Package and the Pacific Package. I can find details for all the packages EXCEPT for the Pacific Package. Does anyone know what is included in this package?

*PACIFIC PACKAGE: Walk-On Roof. LED Lighting in Interior & Pass-Thru, Pre-Drilled B Screwed Cabinetry. BD Gallon Fresh Water Tank
Fliehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #3
hornetmech

Thanks for that info.

Is it common for dealerships to breakout items that are included in packages and charge separate for them? For example part of the 20th Anniversary Package is the power tongue jack. Yet on my equipment list the power tongue jack is listed separate and has a charge next to it. Like wise with the spare tire kit and the power awning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	804D47D3-A2E6-454B-A622-9D050D4B483E.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	23141  
Old 08-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There is no "factory window sticker" on any Keystone product. The dealerships usually "build" a countertop price list to both advertise what's in the trailer and to build a MSRP. You'll find the "exact same trailer" at different dealerships with MSRP's that might vary by as much as $10,000 or more.

Essentially, the price in the photo you posted is a "dealer originated document" that establishes the price he's asking and uses some of the "mandatory optional equipment" (yes, that's doublespeak for upcharges of standard equipment) so he can provide a MSRP that the local market will accept and at which he can offer the trailer for a substantial discount to help him increase sales interest.

It's extremely difficult to find any documented list pricing at either the wholesale or retail pricing. You'll probably never know what the dealership paid for the trailer or what the lowest price he would have sold it. So, as long as you're satisfied with the price you paid for the entire unit, whether the electric jack (or any other item) was a part of a package or listed separately, the bottom line is what counts.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #5
hornetmech

Thanks for that explanation on pricing. It sets the wallet at ease. We are pretty happy with the price as it was about that “MSRP” price after tags, taxes and fees. Just let seems odd that an item that is “included in a package” is listed separately with a price next to it and a price next to the “package.” I guess I’ve been looking at truck window stickers too much.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

If you "google" search "2020 Springdale 280BHWE for sale", you'll get a wide spread of MSRP (or asking prices)...

This link will give you pricing at RV Trader sites ranging from $20,995 to $33,586. As you can see, there's not a "hill of beans difference" in the descriptions of most of the trailers. Pricing is more a "what the market will bear" than a competitive price among dealerships. There's a reason some people drive cross country to save $10k while others can get a similar price at their local dealership.

Anyway, here's the RV Trader link: https://www.rvtrader.com/Keystone-Sp...=280BH%7C52619

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:17 AM   #7
travelin texans

Polar package was/is a $1.50 worth of reflectix underneath so don't try to use it it Sub zero temps, Pacific package most likely means it was assembled in Oregon & Anniversary edition just added more to their made up price with a cute name. I would doubt that there's any model of RV that's been on the market for 20 years, most models are lucky to last 20 months before dropped or changed.
My point is most of the catchy package names don't do much to add a lot of value to a RV, but sound impressive to potential buyers.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #8
Huntme

sounds like my 2015 springdale SRT Model,the same as the springdale 19 FLW.
just says SRT.
Huntme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
springdale