Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
JMaster

Sprinter Limited Questions

Hey Everyone!
We pick up our new Sprinter 3530FWDEN on Saturday but before doing so I wanted to get current Sprinter owners thoughts on some stuff. I’ll add questions and feel free to answer what you can! Thanks in advance!

1. Things to look for prior to delivery and/or maiden voyage?
2. What’s typical height from pin box to ground? I didn’t measure this when we first looked at the unit.
3. Do all the limiteds have the pass thru tv hookups? Again, something I forgot to look at when at dealer.
4. Did Sprinter drop the front cap LEDs for 2018 models?
5. Does the Lippert 3.0 leveling system give the coach a solid feel? Our toy hauler made us sea sick all the time.

I think that’s about it. Thanks again. I was a big contributor on the FR forums for Stealth owners so hopefully I can get help here being as I’m a noobie.

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
JMaster

A pic of it just for reference.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1292.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	16844
Old 06-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
Duramike

Not sure I can answer all questions. I have a 2018 Sprinter 3340 FWFLS.

My pin height is set at 54”. I believe this height is somewhat adjustable and TV/hitch dependent.

Not sure what pass thru tv is.

Mine does not have front Cap leds.

I am happy with my Lippert leveling system. My 5er is much more stable than my previous TT. I use a tripod support under the kingpin and x-chocks between the tires. These both add a bit more stability to the parked 5er. We had 5 teenagers stay with us last weekend and it was still better than my TT with only the DW and myself in the RV.
Duramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:36 AM   #4
JMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramike View Post
Not sure I can answer all questions. I have a 2018 Sprinter 3340 FWFLS.

My pin height is set at 54”. I believe this height is somewhat adjustable and TV/hitch dependent.

Not sure what pass thru tv is.

Mine does not have front Cap leds.

I am happy with my Lippert leveling system. My 5er is much more stable than my previous TT. I use a tripod support under the kingpin and x-chocks between the tires. These both add a bit more stability to the parked 5er. We had 5 teenagers stay with us last weekend and it was still better than my TT with only the DW and myself in the RV.
Thanks!
The pass thru storage area on the limiteds have a tv hookup and ac 110 connection. I'm not sure if its standard or part of a package. Dealer took our unit of the website the moment we put our deposit on it so I cant go back and see.

Im taking my x-chocks from my toy hauler for sure and planning on getting the kingpin tripod as well. Do you find that slide stabilizers are needed for these??
JMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:53 AM   #5
Duramike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaster View Post
Thanks!
The pass thru storage area on the limiteds have a tv hookup and ac 110 connection. I'm not sure if its standard or part of a package. Dealer took our unit of the website the moment we put our deposit on it so I cant go back and see.

Im taking my x-chocks from my toy hauler for sure and planning on getting the kingpin tripod as well. Do you find that slide stabilizers are needed for these??
Mine does have the tv pass thru in the storage area. Even though I use the tripod I sometimes wonder if it is necessary, especially on trips where it is just DW and myself. I have not used the slide stabilizers and have not yet seen anyone else use them. I have found that using blocks that interlock under the landing gear when needed is much more stable than stacking wood. 🤔
Duramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:06 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Do a search for slide stabilizers on the forum.many, if not most, do not recommend them. I have not used them but took their advice to heart as the reason.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
JMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Do a search for slide stabilizers on the forum.many, if not most, do not recommend them. I have not used them but took their advice to heart as the reason.

Noted! I personally am no a fan of them and haven’t used them. This coach has larger slides then my toy hauler had though so was just curious.

Keep the advice coming!

Tags
sprinter