Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
gearhead

Pull Rite hitch

I decided to get the Pull Rite SuperLite single point hitch. I debated for a year over the Andersen. The Pull Rite is steel and $100 cheaper. Basically the same design as the Andersen, just 30# heavier at 80#, but I can throw it in the truck bed. The saga began with me ordering through Tweety's. I've used them before and no issues. I got a tracking number and kept an eye on the status. Long story short, UPS lost it. After talking several times to Tweety's it arrived. The box was pretty heavily damaged, and I should have refused it. I opened it and everything looked OK, so I decided to go ahead and attach the adapter to my pinbox. Ehh...I was missing a small part. The reinforcing tube that slips over one of the bolts that captures the adapter to the pin. Called Pull Rite and they put one in the mail. Got it in 4 days and finished the adapter installation. Then spent 6 hours in the bed of my truck trying to convince myself that the reason I couldn't install the receiver box of the hitch per written directions and pictures was because they were wrong or I was stupid. I went with "I'm stupid" for 5 hours. Which must prove that I really am. So I installed it butt backwards and it was right. I adjusted the hitch to medium height and torqued the pull down bolt. Dang, I can't get the lynch pin in the hole in the pull down bolt. Re-checked everything and it looked OK to me. Hooked it up to the 5th and took it on a 20 mile cruise. Seems OK. I called Pull rite and they said they will send me a longer bolt. This morning I thought I would check the torque on the pull down bolt. It wasn't tight. Re-torqued it to OEM spec. I was able to get a hairpin clip in the lynch pin hole.
We're leaving Tuesday for the Smokies and 2 NASCAR races.
And the Ram dually truck I ordered is lost. It's been "ready for final delivery" for 3 weeks. Dealer is talking to Chrysler Logistics.
I'm packed and ready to go!!!!! The Dometic freezer is packed with pot roast, chicken and dumplings, beef stew, bacon cheese burger patties, and Cajun sausage. A 12 pack of Bud Lite in the fridge and 2 plastic quarts of Evan Williams in cabinet. Let's go!!
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
Tbos

If it took 5 hours to figure out you had it in backwards the instructions had to be written incorrectly. While never having installed a 5th wheel hitch I speak fro experience on other projects. Hope your trip goes smoothly.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #3
Tinner12002

Sounds like a good time to be had there but for 2 Nascar races I think you might be a little short on beer!! We'll be going to the Mich race in June and the new Charlotte road course in Sept and then whatever else we can work in between!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:44 AM   #4
gearhead

^^^I'm getting a bit too "mature" to do serious drinking! LOL
Besides, at this age, beer is a 1:4 ratio: 1 beer, 4 trips to the restroom.
We have tickets and a RV spot at Eldora for the NASCAR truck race there but I'm not sure if we'll make it. Same reason we didn't go last year, new grandbabies due. No complaints about it though.
The hitch...during one of my phone conversations with PullRite they told me this was a new product and still has a few unexpected issues. They asked several questions and wanted a pic of the hitch installed in my truck bed. I told them about the backwards instructions but I don't think who I was talking to quite grasped the issue.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch