Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
HomeyHD

Bad charger?

So here's another dilemma to our new '16 Raptor 352TS. Last week, wife noticed fridge went to propane while on shore power (didn't share to me till after below problem). Then while fixing my broken leaf spring my jacks weren't working well. Next, I noticed my rear camera wasn't working while we were back in the road. Found out I had a dead camper.....no 12v power but tail lights/marker lights and braking system worked.

After weekend of camping found that I have dead batteries-not charging. Fuses in truck were good. Next step is to actually test the 7pin.

Anyone know where camper charger is? Is it part of the WFCO T57 convertor? Know how to test charger?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
HomeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Charger is part of the converter. Batteries not charging while driving is a separate issue. I would look at the battery cutoff switch.

Test for converter: plug it in to a known good outlet, then using Volt/Ohm meter check voltage across the two large leads in the back. There is also a fuse or two back there. Should see 13+ VDC

While driving your truck there should be a charge line that goes to,then battery(s) through the junction box. If the disconnect switch is in the wrong position or faulty the battery will not charge either way (converter or truck).

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:44 AM   #3
HomeyHD

Did some more ops checking last night. Here's what I was finding:
1 of my Shortstop thermal breakers didn't have power going to AUX side (50A),
My generator kept showing overprime fault,
Only having 0.06 volts charging my batteries,
Solid 13 volts on incoming & outgoing legs at converter,
Generator turns off immediately when I disconnect shore power,
And now for some reason my Samsung 18 cuft fridge is not working on 120v separate plugin (had to pull plug from indoor plug and try to plug in to extension cord to garage to save from emptying).

Going to try and replace the Shortstop breaker first and give my batteries a good charge from separate charger.

More to come for those following.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
HomeyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:58 AM   #4
notanlines

This is the kind of problem that is hard for the readers to diagnose from a distance. For some unknown reason I want to actually be there to walk around the unit and see with my own eyes what the problems are. I'm sure there are plenty of us out here waiting to hear what you finally come up with. I wish I could be of some help.....sorry.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:02 AM   #5
Tinner12002

Well as for your gen shutting down when power is disconnected, I believe it get its power for fuel pump from the batteries, if they are dead then gen won't run. I had same thing when my battery went dead, jumped battery with jumpbox so I could start gen but when I disconnected the box the gen died. Had to leave it connected to the battery for a few minutes so some charge could get in it enough to keep gen running. It also could have been the delay from when the gen starts to the time the 120v power comes on in the coach, maybe when charge starts going to battery also.
On your furnace, I'd disconnect the gas line at the furnace and see if you have gas coming through it, could just be a lot of air in the line too.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:05 AM   #6
Tinner12002

Some say on here that the frig is on a GFI plug that could be tripped...possibly in another room.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote