Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
KrisG

Slide out

I guess i have some issues with my slide out room. Its the large slide out. I noticed delamintation that looks bad. Its on a side under the windiw. I closed up the weep holes to keep the driving sand from entering with the wind, and it was working....im hating all the dusting to do😷. But i didnt even think the rain water would be an issue , its the desert, it doesnt rain much. Boy, but when it does !! Perhaps this is how it happened ?
Well i took notice now, looked around the top ( from on a ladder ) i see the room top is not Sealing by about an inch & a half ! AnND the room top appears to be bowed.
Now,
half the RVers out there are going to run to a repair shop. I cant so, does any body have experience with these issues ? I took the room in & out sereveral times applying adjustments to the bolts below, but the top glides out slower than the bottom and appearantly Seals with the wall first when bringing it in. Whaa ? So why does it not Seal at the top inside ? Why is the wiper seal short ?
KrisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out