Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
4everyoung

Furnace won't ignite 2005 Hornet

Hello: Our heat had been working but after a month of non use it appears only the fan runs. We can hear the igniter click but it won't light and we smell gas. It is located under the couch and doesn't seem to have any way to get inside. Any ideas? Do we have to replace entire unit? Thanks.
4everyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #2
RichR

If you can hear the ignition and smell gas look to see if you have low voltage from the battery or you may have insufficient gas pressure. I just had a similar problem and found out the pressure regulator at the tanks was going bad. Why that happened I surmised was that oil from the tanks was getting to the regulator diaphragm and deteriorating it. I replaced the regulator and the furnace is working fine.
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Furnace won't ignite 2005 Hornet

Are you in an area that has wasps? If so do you have screens on the furnace plate on the exterior? If not, wasps and mud dawbers lovec to get all the way into the furnace and make a nest.

Low voltage won't spin the fan fast enough to set the "sail switch" and that won't allow the gas valve to open.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace