Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
Gallen1210

Gary

I can,t get any power in camper from my 12 volt battery. It is new and fully charged. I have Checked breakers and they are not tripped. I was trying to turn on my refrigerator, but can't get any power on temp setting light. No power to smoke alarms or interior lights. I have a 2014 Montana 3155RL. I M searching for a breaker or power cut off something that is preventing power into camper. My leveling jacks work fine using 12 volt power. I have checked GFI outlet in bath. Where else should I look. Last time I used camper with 50 amp service everything worked fine.
Gallen1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Do you have a battery disconnect switch and has it been turned off?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The first thing that comes to mind is that you may have installed the battery with the cables reversed. WHITE is NEGATIVE and BLACK is POSITIVE. That's the opposite of the black cable in your vehicles. If you did connect them backwards, the first thing that would "instantaneously" happen is the two reverse polarity fuses (typically 40 amps) on the power center DC fuse panel would blow. Once that happens, all 12 volt power is disconnected from the trailer circuits and can't be reconnected until the battery cables are connected properly and the two fuses are replaced.

That would be my "first check" since you say the battery is "new and fully charged".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
Gallen1210

I have looked for a switch to turn off power and can't find one. Camper was used when I bought it last year. I have looked behind every panel in my storage compartment and at fuse box. Can't find any disconnect switch. My battery works the leveling system so I know it has a good charge. I found the fuses that protect against reverse polarity and they look good. I checked battery hook up and it is correct. Just don't know where else to look. Will go by dealer tomorrow and have it checked. Just hoped I could figure it out. Thanks!
Gallen1210 is offline   Reply With Quote