Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
bschmuhl

Norcold fridge wont work!!!!

I purchased a 2017 Summerland mini 1750RD we took it home in march and have camped 3 times. We are heading out Friday to camp again. Yesterday i plugged the camper into my garage outlet to start the fridge up so that we can get it cold to put food in ( the fridge is only propane or AC/DC) it does not run off the battery. A few hours later my wife went outside and the fridge was not cold at all? I checked the fuses the breakers the 3amp inline fuse behind the fridge since its only a little 3cu fridge and has easy access from outside. AND NOTHING. So it looks like we have a 1/1,000,000, lemon for a fridge the day before we go camping. Unless someone out there maybe have an idea it looks like after the weekend of using our coolers that i will be taking the camper to Keystone and find out the problem. Good thing its under warranty
bschmuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
Javi

Actually it does use the battery when on Propane...

Should be a 110 volt plug back there... Does it have 110 volts... ???

If not... check the breakers in the electrical panel and if all are good, check all the ground fault plugs... one is in the bath but there may be others...

If the battery is charged, turn on the propane and see if it will light... hint.. light the stove top before turning on the fridge to fill the lines...

Lastly... it takes a full 24 hours for the fridge to cool in the summer... and if you fill it up it can take even longer.. These don't make cold... they remove heat...
Old 08-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Does anything work on AC? Have you tried the fridge on propane to make sure it's functional? You said you checked breakers but did you check to see if you actually have AC coming to the trailer from the house?
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #4
bschmuhl

i have power going to the camper. the air conditioner runs all the lights run microwave it all runs
Old 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Did you try it on both electricity (AC) and gas? If I remember correctly, there is a GFI protector in the plug that the refrigerator is connected to. If so, it may be tripped or sensing a problem with the refrigerator. I'd first try it on gas, if it works, you can troubleshoot once you get home. If it doesn't work on gas or electric, then it's a trip to the dealer after your weekend with the coolers. Let's hope the gas side works.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
bschmuhl

im currently on shift at the fire department as we speak i did not want my wife to try the fridge on propane in case something happens
Old 08-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #7
dwall

If you only gave it a few hours it may have not been long enough. I usually turn mine on 2 or 3 days before I put anything in it. As Javi mentioned it can take 24 or more hours to cool down. Especially in hot weather. If it is getting power, it may just need patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #8
bschmuhl

we didnt even hear it running or feel any heat out the back vent this morning before i left for work was when i unplugged it
Old 08-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #9
Johnny's Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschmuhl View Post
we didnt even hear it running or feel any heat out the back vent this morning before i left for work was when i unplugged it
The height position of your buttons can be confusing to look at. They are for me. I always double check how I placed them then confirm (dc 12v power and propane) that I have a heat coming from the frig's flue either by hand or heat gun after removing outside air grill/grills. Edit, wrong info I thought the 1750 I looked into getting had a different manufactures frig then what you have.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:49 AM   #10
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Wondering what the outcome was with your issue? Your solution may help others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge