Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2016, 05:47 PM   #1
Davepitt

Winterizing My Passport elite 23rb

Can any one tell me where the water pump is? How can I get to the hot water heater.

Any advice or steps to winterize would be nice. Thanks

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Davepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
busterbrown

Re: Winterizing My Passport elite 23rb

RV water pumps can be located by one of two ways. 1st, attempt to listen for the pump while its motor is running. Or secondly, locate the fresh water fill inlet on the outside of the RV. The pumps are usually positioned between the clean water tank and that inlet, most likely behind an interior trim panel.

As far as the water heater, it depends on what your objective is. Are you emptying/servicing it or attempting to initiate the 'bypass'? Have a walk around your unit and get to know your appliances. The hot water tank will be adjacent to the exterior access panel.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:37 PM   #3
slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davepitt View Post
Can any one tell me where the water pump is? How can I get to the hot water heater.

Any advice or steps to winterize would be nice. Thanks

David

I have a 2015 23RB. Not sure which model year yours is but probably the same anyway.

The water pump is on the left side (driver side) of the bed. To access it, lift your bed to access 2 of the 4 screws holding down the top cover. The other 2 screws are next to the outside wall.
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/alb...pictureid=3688
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/alb...pictureid=3658

The hot water heater and bypass are in the cabinet under your sink to the left when facing the sink. To access the valve, you need to remove the false wall on the left side of the lower cabinet cavity by removing 2 screws holding the false wall to the floor. Once the false wall is removed, the valve will be found near the bottom of the tank between the tank and the tubing. Rotate it 90 degrees after draining the water and before adding antifreeze.

I blow out and use antifreeze when winterizing. The check list I use is found here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/album.php?albumid=735
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
ftrupe

Mine is the same as what Slow said.
ftrupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:42 PM   #5
440justin

My 2013 is the same as well. I don't think any of the major components have moved in the 23RB since they started building that model.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2016, 08:09 PM   #6
Davepitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
RV water pumps can be located by one of two ways. 1st, attempt to listen for the pump while its motor is running. Or secondly, locate the fresh water fill inlet on the outside of the RV. The pumps are usually positioned between the clean water tank and that inlet, most likely behind an interior trim panel.

As far as the water heater, it depends on what your objective is. Are you emptying/servicing it or attempting to initiate the 'bypass'? Have a walk around your unit and get to know your appliances. The hot water tank will be adjacent to the exterior access panel.

Thank You for the information. Have a super week. David

Old 10-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #7
Davepitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
I have a 2015 23RB. Not sure which model year yours is but probably the same anyway.

The water pump is on the left side (driver side) of the bed. To access it, lift your bed to access 2 of the 4 screws holding down the top cover. The other 2 screws are next to the outside wall.
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/alb...pictureid=3688
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/alb...pictureid=3658

The hot water heater and bypass are in the cabinet under your sink to the left when facing the sink. To access the valve, you need to remove the false wall on the left side of the lower cabinet cavity by removing 2 screws holding the false wall to the floor. Once the false wall is removed, the valve will be found near the bottom of the tank between the tank and the tubing. Rotate it 90 degrees after draining the water and before adding antifreeze.

I blow out and use antifreeze when winterizing. The check list I use is found here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/album.php?albumid=735

Thank You very much, I have a 2014 23rb and your directions were spot on. Thank You. Have a great rest of your week! David