Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
Butchy

Montana Legacy

Ok guys. I bought a F350 SRW last weekend and now ready for the 5th wheel. We are sold on the 3160RL and currently looking at one marked down (it is a 2016). It happens to have th Legacy packages which adds about 6K over another 2016 on the lot. The Legacy is something that I would not likely order but would like opinions on the added features. I appreciate your opinions.
Butchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #2
bsmith0404

I love all of the items on the legacy package. Not sure it's worth $6k, but our Alpine has most of those features (no Mor/Ryde or iN-Cammand) but I would like both of those items.

Just a couple thoughts. Have you looked at the Alpines? They are very similar to the Montana, but you can get a few options such as the main AC heat pump, which is a very nice feature.

Also, the floor plan you are looking at has a lot of open space, which is great, but I would caution two things about it. One, make sure visibility of the TV/entertainment center is good from the rear couch (if you think t will get use), many of those layouts are not. Second, think about counter space for items such as coffee pots, food prep etc. Many RVs are short in this area and it can be very frustrating after paying the amount of money that they charge. The counter space was one of the reasons we got rid of our last RV...we absolutely hated the fact that we didn't really have any counter space. If this one works for you, enjoy it, I just wanted to point out those items because of my experience with them.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:53 AM   #3
Butchy

Thanks for the advice Brent. We are trying to keep or rig short while having as much interior space as possible.

Does your Alpine have the "in command" controller? I am curious about its usefulness.
Butchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
bsmith0404

I don't have iN-command. I watched the Keystone video on it, looks pretty neat, but I doubt I would get much use from it since I don't even own a tablet.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:48 AM   #5
bitten

It is nice to be able to watch slide clearance from outside using phone app for my Montana 3720RL
bitten is offline   Reply With Quote