Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
bnewman1

301sab questions

We just recieved our new 301SAB, and so far it's been a great trailer. A couple of questions I'm hoping to get some help with.
1. On the control panel, there is a switch labeled "pendant". When switched on, nothing turns on. I've cycled all the lights in and out of the coach, but the switch doesn't seem to power anything. Any ideas??
2. The coach has a 1/2 bath and therefore two dump discharges with a single valve handle at each outlet. There is also 2 valve handles in the front compartment labeled black and grey water. I've searched all over, but can't find a clear schematic about what drains where within the coach, and how to control each. Anyone else have a 2 drain trailer that might be similar?
bnewman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
Flicdog

the Pendant switch on my 333MKS turns on the two drop down lights over the kitchen island
Flicdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:38 AM   #3
bnewman1

Thanks for the reply, I figured that since we didn't have the island, that switch wouldn't do anything.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:58 AM   #4
cblong

my trailer has an outdoor kitchen with a sink. there is a second grey water drain with handle behind the drivers side wheels by the frame rail. the main black and grey handles are for the bathroom and kitchen. you could always run a sink and pull a lever to see if it drains out from the running faucet.

Cougar High country 330 RBK
2014 F350 6.7 CC DRW
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax CCSB SOLD
cblong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
bnewman1

Well, after flowing the sinks and toilets, I've figured it out. Turns out that the front discharge is the out flow for both grey tanks and the front black tank, the rear discharge is for the rear black only. I don't think any other Cougar is this way, but at least now I know!
Old 02-26-2015, 08:28 PM   #6
Mates Family

Cougar 301SAB Questions

Great information. We are still waiting for ours to arrive. Information presented will be a big help as we figure out ours.
Mates Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
jaitken0016

Thanks for the info. Ours should be delivered this saturday.
jaitken0016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:16 AM   #8
jaitken0016

The pendant light is the little round LED light just above the the king pin and hitch on mine.
jaitken0016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #9
djones19

MY 301 sab has that too and it is wired to nothing. so I separated the awning LED from the porch light and put it on the Pendent switch. Didn't make sense to have the Awning LED on with the yellow porch light. I also added a yellow marker light under the rear half bath door step to turn on with front step and porch light. Another hmm from Keystone as to why not. I also added a light switch at the bottom stair for the main cabin lights. so I didn't have to find the control panel in the dark.