Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
No K or I

No DC power to slides or awnings

Well . . . . . had to take my new trailer back to the dealer. Took it out for a 1 night shake out, brought it back, and was giving it a wash. Lost all DC power to the main slide, wardrobe slide, and awning.

Thank god for the Cougar remote. That was the only way I could get the slides back in to drive it back to the dealer. They are thinking the "main board" may be bad. Pretty disappointed for it being a new 2015 Cougar trailer. I just picked it up last month.

Any one else have a similar problem?
No K or I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It sounds like you have the same problem that I had last summer and that a number of other owners have experienced. The Remote Control main board has some solid state relays that protect the trailer systems from being activated by the manual switches and the remote control at the same time. If you were to push a manual switch to close the awning and someone were pushing the remote control open button, you could damage the awning circuitry. So, those relays protect the system. Occasionally they burn out and the manual switches stop working. The dealer should repair it under warranty, and you'll be "good to go" unless it should happen again. If it does and you can't find your remote or if it should stop working also, then you'd be "stranded" until you could find help.

There is a simple "rewiring" that you can do in the event of failure that would get you up and running again. You might want to familiarize yourself with how to do the rewiring and at least know where the main board is located and which wires to access.

There is a thread on the forum regarding this complete with pictures of the main board and describing how to rewire it in the event of failure.

You can find the thread here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...ghlight=remote

Good luck with the repairs and don't expect your dealer to have the board in stock. It took my dealer 6 weeks to get Keystone to approve the repair and ship the parts.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote