Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
BillnDeb

Short Queen Mattress

We need to upgrade the mattress that came with our 28SGS XLite Cougar. We found Arizona Premium Mattress Co. That sells one on-line. Anyone buy from them? Looking for recommendations.
2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost
2003 Ultra Classic Harley sold May 2014
blog: https://dalees107.wordpress.com
BillnDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Never heard of that company, but there are a lot of "shady mattress distributers" on the internet. Seems they set up a website, advertise their "specialty" mattress for high prices, and when you order one, it comes from a warehouse in Utah. Some websites sell these "Utah mattresses" for $200 and some sell them for $600. Since the mattress cover is a separate item, they can pick and choose the "quality mattress" or the "economy mattress" by sending the same "foam slab" with a "cheep cover" or a "gooder cover" or a "bestest cover" for those who are really into "only the best mattress"....

If you're buying it sight unseen from an internet site, I'd be very leery of not getting the full value of my investment.....

Have you looked at the "Euro-top short queen mattress" at Camping World? We bought one 3 years ago for our Springdale, when we bought the Cougar that was the first "take with us" we considered. For our needs, it sleeps as well as the $1500 mattress sets we have in the house. If you're near a CW store, I'd at least look before buying off the internet at a questionable site.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
BulletOwner1

When we wanted a better mattress for our RV we went to a retail bedroom store. We laid down on their "demo" mattresses and picked out one we liked and the store called the factory and they made us one (short queen). It didn't cost us any more than the price of the regular one in the store. I think we even got the "sale" price if I recollect. Check with your local bedding store.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
BillnDeb

Thanks! DH just thought of this, too! So off we go!
2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Old 02-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #5
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletOwner1 View Post
When we wanted a better mattress for our RV we went to a retail bedroom store. We laid down on their "demo" mattresses and picked out one we liked and the store called the factory and they made us one (short queen). It didn't cost us any more than the price of the regular one in the store. I think we even got the "sale" price if I recollect. Check with your local bedding store.
This is what we did as well. Very good mattress for a reasonable price!!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:54 AM   #6
BillnDeb

Thanks! We can't wait for our upgrade!
2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Old 02-09-2014, 04:59 AM   #7
Brantlaker

The DW and I just bought a new mattress from Mattress Firm on the Treasure Coast of Fl. and they can get Short Queens on special order.Ours was a full Queen.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:35 AM   #8
Outbackmel

Denver Mattress

Denver Mattress sends you a mattress compressed in a tube box. Has pillow top. Takes 10 minutes to install, let it sit for 6 hours and it springs into shape. Costs about $500. We LOVE ours for the past year we have had it. No aches, no lumps, nothing but good.

Plenty of comments out there on the web, almost all very positive.

Now, if you are serious about a "real" mattress, we will hook you up with our nephew in Germany who works for a horse hair, hand woven, custom mattress company, that they make for movie stars and old money. The least expensive is $10,000. Yes, there are people out there who buy stuff like this. And yes, he makes an excellent living traveling the eastern European bloc and NYC to sell these items of comfort! Their average sale price is well over $15,000.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote