Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
ScottF

OEM Pin Boxes

Hello everyone!!! Does anyone know what is the name brand of the oem pin box for the 2011 Fuzion Tour Edition III?

BTW, I am about 1 month old on this forum. We bought a 2011 Fuzion about 2 months ago in NC. Yes, we got stuck in Dallas for a few days from that ice storm in Dec. pulling it back to Las Vegas. Needless to say, it was an adventure. Looking forward to getting to know fellow fifth wheelers!!!
ScottF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
tileman

I think they are a Lippert Component at lest that's whats on my 2012 fuzion

And to the site.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Scott,

Could you check to see if there are any identifying markings on your pinbox? I'm asking for that information because quite a few people who buy larger fifth wheels will change out the pinbox for an air ride, or similar pinbox. Heck, some people just change out the pinbox to a "heavier duty" model.

Since you say you're a new RV'er, and bought the trailer in NC, and it's a 2011 model, I'm guessing it's probably a previously owned model and may not have the original pinbox installed. Before you get information that may not be accurate, a picture of the information on the pinbox or some extra data will assure you of better information......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
ScottF

I believe you are correct with the Lippert Components
Honda quads
Old 01-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
ScottF

JRTJH- It came with a Sidewinder hitch that needs to come off. I have a B&W Companion, the new 20k, and it is not recommended with that style. Did a lot of research with that compatibility. To let you all know, there is a temporary fix for those two products. As some of you might know, the Reese receiver, along with the Sidewinder work together with a part called the "wedge". Great concept for short bed trucks. Also, there has been a wedge that has been manufactured for the Sidewinder to work with the B&W. I would not recommend it, as it puts strain on the pin bolt that drops thru the bed for the "turnover ball" design.

Here is the fix. The pivot point on the Sidewinder is actually where the pin box is located on the trailer and not where the pin is in the receiver. So to keep the pivot point locked at the box and put the pivot point back at the receiver, B&W created a kit that consists of two 12" grade 5 bolts that are inserted up thru the hitch to the box and then tightened. Worked great, got me and my family back home safely.

I do want to go with the Trail-Air. I have looked at Lippert Concepts and I have noticed they sell Trail-Air. The problem I am getting is, whatever new pin I get, it will say which OEM it will be compatible with. Thanks again everybody!!
Honda quads