Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Pawpod

Tv troubles

Anyone else have troubles programming their Jensen tv sometimes. Last night we tried to scan for channels and the menu would exit before I could select any commands. However this morning I was able to use the menu normally. Tried this evening and same problem as last night.

Wondering if its the campground wifi or something else?
Pawpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Are you hooked up to the CC TV cable system or just using your RV antenna? If you are not using cable and successfully programmed your TV last night, you shouldn't have to reprogram it a second time - unless of course, you packed up and moved to a different location.
The CC's WiFi system shouldn't have any effect on your TV antenna reception.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
Lost

I don't know if it's the same issue but we camp up north in MI were there is very little reception of any kind including phone. This last weekend we arrived late just after dark and I was able to get 10 channels The next day, once the sun came up around 7:am all the channels were gone. The reception was gone That night after the sun went down I got all the channels back. I checked with some of the campers around us and all were experiencing the same thing. I was wondering if there is some kind of antenna add on or something that I can keep the reception during the day?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I don't know if it's the same issue but we camp up north in MI were there is very little reception of any kind including phone. This last weekend we arrived late just after dark and I was able to get 10 channels The next day, once the sun came up around 7:am all the channels were gone. The reception was gone That night after the sun went down I got all the channels back. I checked with some of the campers around us and all were experiencing the same thing. I was wondering if there is some kind of antenna add on or something that I can keep the reception during the day?
Usually it is the other way around .... VHF stations sometimes reduce power after sunset. There may be commercial frequencies interfering with tv reception during daytime in your area or stations are just reducing power in daytime.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
rnkburg

I have the same thing happen when I camp, usually get more channels late at night, during the day not so much.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
Ken / Claudia

When new last fall the TV in driveway got 2 channels and not so good. I got the HD wingman for about $25 at CW and now lots of chanels. It took 5 mins to install. Later at local camp ground only got 2-3 channels, next visit we where 100 ft away from that spot and got 10-15 channels. Make sure the boost switch is on and get a High Def add on.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

The "Wingman" definitely increases UHF signals but it surprises me that a 2013 trailer did not come with a "Sensar IV" antenna that contains the upgrade.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote