Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #1
ExTowerClimber

Dual Grey Water Tank sizes

We picked up our 2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS and it has dual grey water tanks, one for the galley and one for the bathroom. No where can I find out what the tank sizes are just lists 56 gals of grey water capacity.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
labs4life

Typically they are equal but not sure in this case as this is an odd number. My sprinter has 2 tanks also but are equal in size. Hopefully the larger one is for the bath. You can buy an extra gate valve and install after the 2 grey drains. While camping, close the new valve and open the other 2 and the tanks will equalize as they fill. Provided they are on the same level in the trailer. This is what I do and it works great for us.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
ktmracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by labs4life View Post
Typically they are equal but not sure in this case as this is an odd number. My sprinter has 2 tanks also but are equal in size. Hopefully the larger one is for the bath. You can buy an extra gate valve and install after the 2 grey drains. While camping, close the new valve and open the other 2 and the tanks will equalize as they fill. Provided they are on the same level in the trailer. This is what I do and it works great for us.
our outback is similar. two 32 gallon grey tanks. And yes the twist on gate valve is great for equalizing the tanks. And when I dump, I use the twist on valve also. dump black. close gate, close black, open one grey, open black to backflush the black, close grey, open gate and let it drain. repeat if needed. Helps flush out the black tank.

And in a real pinch you can use the same process to partially empty a full grey tank into the black to get a little more grey capacity.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote