Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Jakemedic

Smile Greetings from the corn fields of Iowa

Hello!
Been lurking around on here for a few months now. Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, we will be picking up our 2013 Hideout 27RBS on Thursday at Holman Motors in OH. My bride and I loved the floor plan when we seen it locally, but the local dealer would not really move from his price. Stumbled on one used, and saved a bundle. I would have preferred to purchase locally, but that desire wasn't worth a large savings in a bad economy!

Anyhow, we are taking the ultimate step up..... from a 4 season dome tent and self inflating mattresses to a full sized queen mattress with flat panel TV.....Oh and indoor plumbing. My bride and I will think we are at the Hilton.

With this being our first TT, I envision utilizing the expertise here extensively as we embark on this great new adventure!! In turn, I will share my experience towing with a Ecoboost. Thank you in advance for any assistance you all may provide, it is indeed appreciated!!

God Bless the USA and our troops!!

Jake

Jake
Jakemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
curlyfungirl

Sounds like a wonderful upgrade! Enjoy your new mobile lodgings!
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Jake - and Bride -
Well - that is quite an upgrade! From a tent to TT without missing a beat.
Congratulations on your new digs and welcome to the Hilton.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
Jakemedic

Thank you! She is excited as can be. I am just hoping it goes well and as planned.

Jake
Old 10-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Jake -
Since this is your first RV, I might suggest that you go to the Keystone Questions section of the forum and download the sticky that is called "Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist". Many members have found this very useful when they do the walk-through at the dealership.
In addition, take your time and find out how EVERYTHING works and WHERE everything is located. There are so many more moving, mechanical and electrical items on this RV than you will find on any tent. Ask what they are, where they are, and how they work. Don't rush through this process - it is an important one.
If you have a friend who has an RV, it might be an idea to take him/her along with you.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #6
Russ-n-Neese

from another "lurker". Enjoy your new TT...and you're gonna be cruising thru my neck of the woods to get to Holman Motors. Know that place quite well

2012 Summerland
TV #1 - 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
TV #2 - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8
Russ-n-Neese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #7
Ruffus

Thumbs up Welcome to the Club

Welcome Jake, your going to have a great time. Just a little story though. Nothing ever goes as planned. I had a great friend that died several years ago and he struggled for years with diabitious. He gave me some advice that has always rung true. No matter what happens while on your trips just remember that "It's an Adventure" and when your done and home you will look back and see what you learned but more importantly you'll remember how much fun it was even when things go wrong.
He told me this while we motorcycled camped across this country and others. We traveled through hail, snow, heat, cold , winds and flash floods and through it all, "It was an adventure" and it still is! Enjoy the next step in your life. Got to go now I hear a golf course calling!!!!
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #8
camper 2010

JAKEMEDIC, in your post you said "My bride and I will think we are at the Hilton. Enjoying your TT is better than that, you will know who slept in that bed last night.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 AM   #9
SAABDOCTOR

to the forum enjoy that rolling hilton you are right about that feeling. only thing missing is room service for the two of you. i tried to train the dogs to bring the room service but it looks like it is the other way round
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
lorax614

My family also made the jump from being tent campers to a Hideout. Your going to have a blast! We've totally been enjoying ours. Haven't had any luck with room service tho, the kids just refuse. And after all I've done for them.

Have fun and enjoy
Old 10-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
Jakemedic

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes. Annie (my lovely bride) and I are very excited. It is an incredible feeling being able to have good employment and be at a spot in life where we can look forward to enjoying each other and seeing this great nation we are so incredibly blessed to live in.

Tomorrow is the day, we pick up and get to spend a night at the dealer for a quick shake down. Then we will be back home to pick up a few things and then be off to our first weekend. Should be an incredible experience!!!!

Jake
Old 10-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
fla-gypsy

Nice choice and I love the enthuiasm
Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
Jakemedic

update

Well, TT was as advertised. People at Holman Motors were TOP NOTCH! Very nice people, good in-service showing us how to use the features of the TT. Offered to allow us to stay the night at the dealership and drive home in the morning. We felt comfortable enough to leave the dealership and drive into Indiana where we found a sleepy little campground and spent the night in our new home on wheels. It was indeed incredible.

We got back to Iowa around sunset, and after picking up some materials to level the trailer decided to go out and try to set up in the dark. That was not the smartest thing I could have done, as I could not get the trailer disconnected from the truck. After struggling with it for a while, decided to go back home, get a good nights rest and try it again in the morning. (Campground is only 15 minutes from home)

One of the best decisions we made. The whole set up process only took 45 minutes in the daylight. In fact, I am sitting at the campground as I write this. It is quite cold out, and the furnace is running. Still a nice weekend to get the handle on the new TT. I am sure we will have loads of questions as we get the hang of this. Going to be very comfortable, that is for sure!!!!

Jake

Jake

Tags
hideout 27rbs, iowa, newbies